1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Is durango an easy target?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 01:25 PM
tbelian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is durango an easy target?

Can anyone comment on whether or not they have read anything, or had first hand experience with the durango being an 'easy target' for theft?

Within a week, our Durango has been entered and ransacked in the driveway at home 2 times. Fortunately, nothing of any real value was in it, but, obviously someone was looking for whatever they could grab and run with. Center console contents gone through and strewn about, also glove box open, contents dumped.

We are pretty methodical about locking the car. I'm just wondering if this vehicle has an easy entry method? I don't necessarily want to know what the easy entry method is, just whether or not there is anything I can do about it, or if others have had a similar experience.

Thanks

Old 12-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Is durango an easy target?

Never heard this before. It may be just coincidence. I keep my durango garaged at all times so I don't know.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:42 PM
durangeddurango
Professional

very easy for entry. less than20seconds to open the door.check for scratches around the door,torn rubberseal,etc. usually front doors. which door was unlocked when u found it in the morning?

Old 01-04-2008, 04:49 PM
desertracer

Most vehicles are very easy to get in to. I load/haul new cars for a living. They often get locked accidentally. Our load supervisors can get into them all very quickly......I'm talking literally 5 seconds max to insert the slim jim, unlock and open door. And it doesn't matter how cheap/expensive the car is...

Old 03-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Joeecko

get an alarm system.

Quick Reply: Is durango an easy target?