Print Wikipost

Transfer Case Control Module Location, TCCM

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

tcm is transmission control module, has nothing to do w/ the transfer case
ctm is central timing module, it controls the lights in the dashboard, afaik the only thing it has to do w/ the transfer case is the service4wd light in the dash
tccm is the transfer case control module which is what controls the t-case shifts, and monitors for faults in the system,

not sure which of these you have replaced already, but thought id clear up some of the acronyms iv seen in the recent posts.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:36 AM
ICEDODGE
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi shrpshtr325 and all.
I have replaced the tccm and the ctm as instructed by the mechanic I took the car too. He told me that the ctm was damaged by water and was the cause to my 4x4 problem. So I did, he is the expert??? costed me around $250 and no change.
I checked the wire connections to the tc motor and all looks good, pulled on the wires, removed the cover and inscpected wires and the connectors, nothing wrong there. Checked all connections to the tccm and the ctm and all looks good. All lights in the switch **** are blinking. Only thing I can think of now is to take it to the stealer and have them do a complete wire test on the system. Maybe a test on the tccm. I will keep you posted.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:19 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

have you checked for continuity on the wires yourself? its simple to do w/ a voltmeter and could locate the problem rather easily.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:18 AM
ICEDODGE
Amateur

Took the car to the shop and they found out after eliminating a wire fault, that the tccm i bought from a "junk dealer" was the problem. What a waist of money to go through all this trouble and buy a used electronic part. I will never do that again. This has costed me three times the price of a new part and a lot of work. Live and learn. Hope this will be an advice to someone who has this transfere case problems.
Thank you all for your help.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Tod Kertz

Just picked up a 2001 very low mile pampered SLT Durango. The older couple owned it from new with invoices for every thing ever done to it and oil changes every 3000 miles. Only issue is the service 4wd warning light is lit on dash. she said they noticed a tranny leak 3 months back and had it fixed as it was dripping on driveway. They noticed when they got it back the service 4wd light was on and the switch wont make it go into 4wd.

They took it back to there dealer and he said it was a fluke the light came on just after his repair and its the TCCM and he can replace with labor for 640.00 They declined and bought a new one. I bought this one. Do you all think he is telling the truth and its the TCCM?

Thank you!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 AM
ICEDODGE
Amateur

Hello Tod.
Based on my experiance after the service 4wd light came on, I would replace the blue module TCCM first, and please buy a new one, do not trust a used part. If you find one for a fair price,(new) please let me know where you bought it. I need one too.
Regards,
Icedodge.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Danny Delaney

I HAD same problem. anything else not working. and is the 4x4 switch light on or off. my problem was the body control module

Last edited by Danny Delaney; 12-18-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Tod Kertz

Icedodge, Thank you. I have not found it new for less then 400.00. I have found it used for 100 with warrenty to return if not working. It looks very tough to remove from what I read. I dont even see mine from where the pic is in thread.

Danny, No the 4wd lights do not come on when moving the selector switch. Nothing happens either transfer case or lights on 4wd. Everything else electrical in vehicle seems to work fine.

The interesting thing is she said they fixed a tranny hose leak and then got it back with that warning light on. Wonder if they forgot to plug something back in at tranny and just were trying to rip her off? I should go look under vehicle as well...

Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 PM
revpete

I replaced the tccm myself, got a used one from a friends junk yard. he said i didnt have to buy it unless it worked. good deal. and that was the issue.
If you get yours to out, then drive to the local pull a part. or where ever. the harness is just long enough to plug it in and see that it works. most places have some sort of guarantee. you should hear the actuator when switching to 4wd.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Danny Delaney

another thing you could try is disconnect you battery to reset the computer. then see if it work's. maybe they disconnected something when it was being fixed. like i said before i had same problem and it was my bcm. pick it up at salvage yard for 40.00. and they are none for going bad. good luck.

Quick Reply: Transfer Case Control Module Location, TCCM