1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Rear wiper fluid tank

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 02:48 PM
cmucky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear wiper fluid tank

Deleted

Last edited by cmucky; 07-02-2023 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Chris_Gorham
Professional
Default RE: Rear wiper fluid tank

If its anything like my 99 D then the rear window tank is a bit of a mystery - it actually doesn't feed the rear window washer...!!
That feeds all the way from the front - either that or I've discovered an artisian well in my D since I haven't filled the back tank in 2 years...
Just part of the mysteries of running a D...

Chris

Old 12-15-2007, 05:10 PM
tbasse01
Rookie

there is not tanks in the back for the wiper LOL!!!!

it is all run off the main resevior in the front LOL!!!!

u were pouring washer fluid into one of the rubber gromet holes LOL!!!!! this is hilarious

if you think you are out of fluid, you are not in order for fluid to come out you have to press the **** that controls the rear wiper speed LOL!!!

oh boy I am going to frame this thread man!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

the mysteries of running a D LOL!!!!u have got to be kidding me!!!did you not notice there are TWO little pumps and TWO seperate hoses on the passenger side of the resevior???? geee I wonder what those are for???

Old 12-16-2007, 02:17 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tbasse please get your **** straight before flaming, go to your local junkyard and take a look at an older model...

There IS a rear reservoir on the 98 and 99 D's. I haven't had a good look at them to see how you would get it out since I have a 2000 and have all of the washer functions up front but it should be fairly straightforward...

Old 12-16-2007, 08:51 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i was going to say somthing similar to tbasse, but i was going to be nice about it, and say that both hoses come from the front resevoir, but good luck idk anything about a rear tank, and yes you have to wait for the fluid to get to the back window if you use that washer

Old 12-16-2007, 10:36 AM
dgkulzer

Hi cmucky,

I have a 99 but it should be close to yours. I have the factory service manual and this is what it says:

"The rear window washer fluid reservoir is secured to the inside of the lower right liftgate opening pillar in the rear of the passenger compartment. The washer pump and the motor unit has a barbed nipple, which is installed through a rubber grommet seal inserted in a hole near the bottome of the reservoir.

The washer reservoir has a remote fill cup with a snap-fit filler cap located on the right outer liftgate opening pillar drain channel.."

A diagram:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...k/durango3.jpg

tbasse01: just because your vehicle is designed one way doesn't mean every year is the same. sheesh. If you don't know the answer to a question just skip the thread and go to the next one.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:19 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: tbasse01

there is not tanks in the back for the wiper LOL!!!!

it is all run off the main resevior in the front LOL!!!!

u were pouring washer fluid into one of the rubber gromet holes LOL!!!!! this is hilarious

if you think you are out of fluid, you are not in order for fluid to come out you have to press the **** that controls the rear wiper speed LOL!!!

oh boy I am going to frame this thread man!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

the mysteries of running a D LOL!!!!u have got to be kidding me!!!did you not notice there are TWO little pumps and TWO seperate hoses on the passenger side of the resevior???? geee I wonder what those are for???
DUDE. [sm=huh.gif][sm=icon_rtfm.gif][sm=proof.gif][sm=wtf.gif]

I have a tank under my rear hatch. Some of the D's have them under the back. I beleavethat it came in the 1998-1999 only.The way to is is thru the passenger side rear inside panel. Now I haven't done this before but, I have heared this is how you do it.

Here is a pic of mine that I don't have.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17201/7A57CB0EC2784DA8842428324A075650.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-2007, 03:30 PM
tbasse01
Rookie

sorry was being a a s s s [X(]

Old 06-08-2011, 10:01 PM
aWyldDurango

I have the same problem. So, I pulled the little spout thing that lets the fluid run into the take and it had 2 hoses. I pulled one hose off of the back to get a little further, and as I we pulling, It decided to come off... I have NO idea where the hose goes to, but I think that was part of the problem. If you figure it out, lemme know!

Old 06-08-2011, 11:44 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

HOLLY OLD THREAD!!!!!

On a 1998-1999 Durango;

There is a small compartment just inside the rear hatch where the wheel jack/tire iron is, in the floor panel. Now inside this area to the right is a holding tank under the carpet (where the 2 lines go to). Now this is the washer reservoir. On this reservoir is a pump to the right side that pressurizes the line for rear window washer that comes out under the wiper arm.

To answer your question:

Now if I remember right, on the fill orifice there are 2 separate hoses on the bottom is you pull it out, There is a larger white hose (could be wrong on the color) and a smaller black hose (again could be wrong on the color). Anyway, the larger hose is the fill tube to the reservoir, the smaller is the vent tube. They both run down the inside of the right window/hatch panel into the reservoir.

Quick Reply: Rear wiper fluid tank