1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

98 durango idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 02:51 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gavin,

I understand the feeling about junk cars. We've all had one or more.

BTW, song sucks! LOL

IndyD

Old 04-13-2009, 04:44 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gavin McCall
Alright so i got in thismorning and drove to the local coffe shop. i was waiting in the drive through and got lazy so i took my foot off the gas. and guess what...ITS FINE figuring it was a fluke i went for a bit of a drive and ran some other errands. it seems that it needed nothing but time to adjust. i am however going to do everyones suggestions just because it can use it. thanks for all the help, ill be back when i need help fixing the gass leak...these things are just one thing after another arent they.
Gas leak!!!!!

Question is, if you have a gas leaks air could be coming into the fuel line and as the fuel pushes by it can create a vacuum pulling aie in. Not to meniton filling the system with air bubbles and back feed into the pump.

The computer needs time to adjust and this is usual. This should occur anytime you reset the computer. If you look on the first page in here it will show you the info on reseting: Engine Code Index (Check Engine Light?)

Old 04-13-2009, 05:44 PM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the Evap system and charcoal cannister checked=vents the gas tank of vapor at start up then the solenoid is supposed to shut or a vacuum leak in the system can play havoc----what is the vacuum of the motor at idle=should be steady and about 18hg my 5.2 is with 190980 is

Old 05-27-2011, 10:45 AM
chimaera

first off..... I love this forum tons of information here for someone that does not deal with these things on day to day basis

and sorry for resurecting old thred.

Anyway, my wife likes this truck and does not want to part with it and in her infinite wisdom before leaving for business trip she left interior light on. When to start the truck few days later to find out battery went flat. No problem drag the charger out, let it run overnight in the morning cranks just fine, starts and dies below 1000RPM voltage stays at about 14v, put new TPS in never realized to take a look at battery hence it starts OK and has good voltage

Any way talk terminals off, post on battery are ok but the OEM clamps were so oxidized that it actually increased in size. Put new clamps on and she is back and running.

Anyway sorry for bringing the dead from the past but the moral of the story here is dont forget to look at the obvious even though it seems to be ok

Old 02-16-2013, 09:13 AM
My1stDurango
Rookie

Originally Posted by Neo1130
Try owning an Audi!
OH you pooor baby, who could imagine owning such thing?!?!?! Seriously tho I know those are expensive I hit one just over a year ago........

Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 AM
GreenBayGuru
Rookie

I dont neccesarily have an answer but I've ran into this problem after draining out my battery which ive done like 3 or 4 times since I bought my 98, 1st it was the back power lock draining it, Fixed that. Had a damaged wire on the amp that was another cause, fixed that. last time was me cranking my radio with the truck off & in roughly 30 mins my **** was dead,lol

everytime I have charged the battery back up so it turned over & ran I would let it run for a few mins then jump in and id shift into drive & it would die, It would keep doing this basically till I just gunned it out the driveway and took off in it & then it wouldnt do it no more, only seemed to do it right after the charge up

So maybe their could be some battery relation to your problem

Quick Reply: 98 durango idle issue