1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Rear ended someone

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM
lightningryan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear ended someone

So I rear ended someone. The front bumper is kinda pushed up and in. I am looking into taking it apart to figure out what bent or what broke. I know it's pretty general of a question but what am I looking for to be wrong? And what hold the bumper where it is? Is it just a bracket? Cuz if it was then replacing the brackets would straighten it out?

Also what would it cost to get the front bumper re-painted? its all chipped up everywhere. I live in Seattle. Any recommendations of places or prices?

Sorry for being so general. Please feel free to ask me questions about it so I can help you give me a solid answer.

Thanks again!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Well I hit a deer a year ago. I just took a pry bar after it and its relatively straight. There a two bracket attached to the frame that hold the bumper in place. You should be able to see them when you pop the hood. I can't give you a price estimate on the bumper cause it varies from place to place.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 PM
srch4me
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year? I would Gerty a bumper from a junk yard and repaint that. Removal for 98 is 8 bolts. Open the hood and look straight down. for books into the to of the frame. And the look up on each side from the bottom and there will be two into the sides

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 01-21-2013, 11:37 PM
greasydriveway
Rookie

I was able to repaint my bumper with a rattle can, then spray clear coat on top. Came out alot better than I thought it would. Color matched perfect, but was never able to get it to line up perfectly. I tried shims and everything else I could think of. I notice alot of Durangos with front bumpers half crooked.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
lightningryan
Amateur

Well It's in my signature, but It's a 99. Why would you recommend getting a new bumper? My bumper looks fine. It's crooked but I'm asuming that is because of a bracket bending or something.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 AM
My1stDurango
Rookie

I almost rear-ended a cat on the way to work one day, I know the guy heard the screeching of tires, thankfully I was able to stop short and not hit the poor guy.
I do belive I owe the man a new pair of breifs.....

Quick Reply: Rear ended someone