1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

What Happened To My Turn Signals And Brake Lights???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:01 AM
mndvl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Happened To My Turn Signals And Brake Lights???

Hi everyone.

So i finally bought a boat today and i hook it up to my 98 Durango and check to see if the trailer lights work and i noticed my brake lights and turn signals weren't working in the Durango after i plugged in the trailer. I checked the turn signal fuse and it looks good.

Would it be a short in the wiring on the trailer that could of caused this? Also what are some possibilities of what to repair on my durango because they still don't work when the trailer is unplugged.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:51 AM
sregor13

Is there a Trailer/Towing Fuse? My Ram has 2 fuses for the Trailer. I don't know anything about Dakota's but some of the Trailer features on a RAM I had were controlled by the TPMI. Total Power Management Interface. Allegedly, after so many faults it quits working. I had to take it to the dealership and have the TPMI flashed. Might be BS, but just a thought.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:39 AM
mndvl20

No i didnt see anything like that in the fuse box at all.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:17 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Under the hood there is a PDC (Power Distribution Panel) on the drivers side mid way up the firewall. Open the box and there should be main fuse #12 or it could be the relay #27 Tun over the lid for a diagram.

The trailer is shorting out so you need to figure where it is and fix it before plugging it back in to the Durango.

Attached Thumbnails What Happened To My Turn Signals And Brake Lights???-100_2400.jpg  

Quick Reply: What Happened To My Turn Signals And Brake Lights???