1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

4 Wheel Alignment Woes

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:10 PM
eaglestorm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok I miss undersrtood it was your 3rd time my mistake you had every right to be pissed . But I thought you gave the guy hell the first time thats what I was talking about. I you talked to anyone in my shop like that before your truck was even worked on you would have been 1 here a verry long time or 2 asked to leave. But if it was your 3rd time I would have asked the manager to have someone else do it your right 3 time will **** off anyone. as for flat rate you have no clue how a shop works or what gos on but I bet 99% of the time your a loud mouth that dont know what your talking about you just think you do so write all you want this post is done.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:39 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

Hydra, I still say get the equipment and put west valley out of business. Amazing how with that consumer friendly attitude they missed the list of closures. Yeah I said it. and if it is too soon then so be it.

I also say that they are not incompotent but sounds like lazy which to me is even worse than not knowledgable. Sounds to me like they know the right way and cut corners that makes it even worse. I would hate to think that the instructors at the alignment and ASE certification training were taching for nothing. I for one will be paying extra attention to my next alignment (and no I am not drving all the way to UT..LOL!!) and taking this manual link with me to make sure I am not getting screwed. I dont mind paying money for the job that is done right, but my time is valuable.

MAGIC

Old 09-24-2009, 05:48 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

For what it's worth I dont think that Hydra was meaning to lambast stealerships but if he kept going back and it wasnt done right then obviously something wasn't being done right. I think the point was more to draw attnetion to a problem that maybe other members have had and hopefully provide some insight and a corrective action. If it means calling them out then so be it but I for one like having work done correctly the first time, makes me, and the dealerships happy.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:50 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Magic<-----I am showing members that there are other solutions and also the valitity of cranking T-bars for camber adjustment. As far as the equiptment I'm totally game.....LOL

Eagle<----- You automatically come out of the wood work slamming me for telling the tech's of their mistakes and taking control of the situation. Ya, I can that chewing ***! Now I talked about most of the problems that were caused in more than one visit in my first post (which you didn't fully read or you would have seen it) and the final trip to the shop. I also had one visit that I didn't bring up until now and I didn't think I needed to considering there was at least 3 alignments to get it right. There was also a wasted trip so that counts as 4.

You tell me I know nothing about the time books and how hard it is to follow. Dude I know more about regulations and laws then think I know. Sure I don't know everything and never have claimed I do. I learn everyday and also teach more than you do by at least 500 to 1.

I know it must be very hard to open a book and look up the vehicle and operation to find the appropriate time to charge......I feel you pain!

Problem here; I'm one of the calmest people here and even though you acting like a know-it-all and ruffing up a perfectly good thread for people to research time and time again, I haven't stepped in and I continue allowing you to post. I feel there conversation being created and different views that can be obtained. I do simply refuse to stand here and let you continue to post up off topic subjects just try to get your point across. I haven't even yelled at you or called you out and yet your first post is:
Originally Posted by eaglestorm
This is just my rant. and come on down from Tremonton to West Valley Dodge and we can talk about it have a nice day
You need to come off your high horse and see who's starting the loud mouth conversations here captain!

Old 09-24-2009, 08:41 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

well said hydra, very well said

Old 09-24-2009, 11:59 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Problem here; I'm one of the calmest people here
I haven't said anything about dealerships in this thread... yet.

Name:  eatpopcorn.gif
Views: 688
Size:  2.9 KB

IndyDurango <--- NOT one of the calmest people here... however one of the self-proclaimed smartest Durango related topics persons here... in my own humble opinion if I do say so myself. ROTFLMAO! No conceit in my family, I have it all

Last edited by IndyDurango; 09-25-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:38 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglestorm
If you know more about how to do it how come your not doing it?
Yeah, because everyone has the correct tools in their garage... or apartment...

Old 09-25-2009, 10:35 AM
eaglestorm
Professional

ok first I did not tell you come down to talk about it as a call out I have re read it and thats not the way I ment it your right . second I did not say it was hard to look up labor times but you have a misguided look at how things work . but maybe I missed it again is there a dodge dealer (chrysler) where you live we down here were to understand that they were all closed up well in to Idaho? so how is doing your alingment?
dealer or independit ? I wont be able to change your mind on dealers.There are alot of honest techs out there that you slam by your coments thats unfair. Yor right this post is way off now . and it's my fault

Old 09-25-2009, 10:37 AM
eaglestorm
Professional
Smile

Originally Posted by ericemery
go ahead and toss my keys up on the roof... waste some of my time... I have no problem sending an invoice for the time I spent in your shop waiting for one of your techs to climb up there...

and you can bet every person on your lot and in your show room will know about it. and that regional service manager.

Go ahead, be an ***. see how well it works out for you. I dont care if your the owner of the dealership. Pull that **** with me and my video camera comes out... to watch your tech pull them off the roof... Chrysler would love to see it.

thanks for confirming all of my thoughts on dealership techs. Thank you.
I got the post way off track I had more to say about your coment but your not worth the effort

Last edited by eaglestorm; 09-25-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Quick Reply: 4 Wheel Alignment Woes