1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help! Changed Battery now it won't start!!

Old 10-18-2011, 12:15 PM
thorze
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laz45
Something to watch for if I or anyone I know goes through it...Ty for the headsup Thorze.It's things like this that I charge batteries OUT of the car and won't let anyone hook jump cables to my rigs....I'm with the rest,didn't know a pcm could be taken out like this....One ?...Do you know the cause or just no way to tell??

I am 99% sure I didnt arc it but I might have. What I am resting my laurels on is the charger. I think the PCM didnt like the 100 amp "start" I put in to it. I am wondering if it somehow fried the internal regulator and fried the circuits in the pcm, then taking out the Crank sensor???? However I have killed the battery a couple of times since then and I now disconnect and secure both battery cables away from the battery and then charge it back up on 15 amps and then 2 amps overnight. I didnt know then that the D's are very picky and need a minimum amount of voltage to run on.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:44 PM
laz45
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah,that's how I got my D.The P/O had a ton of work done and a new battery but the idiots hacked the connections.It ran like crap and he lost his nerve and sold it too me..said it needed to be towed....shoulda seen their faces when my son and I drove away in it!..(heehee) all over bad battery connections.I think it was ad or search or hydra that tipped me off,now it runs awesome.
I watched a kid in a wrecker today jumping a Dakota,man I was giggling when I watched him hook up to the D's battery and tap the cables to see if he was connected....prolly just fried the poor guys alternator or pcm or something....idiot!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! Changed Battery now it won't start!!