1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

99 durango help(squeaking noise)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:45 AM
WCV97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

god i hate that squeak... speed bump, squeak squeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaak, pot hole sque, squeak, a litle fun with the wife, squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak.............

Old 07-06-2010, 07:21 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by WCV97
....a litle fun with the wife, squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak.............
lmfao, that one is your own damn fault

Old 07-21-2010, 07:43 PM
durangonewbie
Default update please?

I know people get back to busy when they fix their vehicle, but did any of our suggestions help?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:49 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well at least he got a..... squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak .....

Old 10-14-2010, 08:20 PM
TreyA.Murphy

I have had this same on going problem! once the squeeling started that was it... i changed the belt...that didnt work so i changed the pulley wheel... that didnt work. Then one morning i woke up and the truck whent from squeeling to squeeling and knocking! my tensioner got bad and was knocking from left to right so i put on a new automatic tensioner; the truck squeeled for a couple days then started to only squeel for the first 30 min or so that it was running. four days later my wife was driving my truck and the belt snapped off and got all tangled in the fan and surrounding areas. i came home put on a new belt and now its squeeling and knocking. this knocking isnt from anything visible it sounds as if theres something getting knocked around by the fan or as if some one is doing different jiggs and tap dancing under my hood. i have been told that the knocking is from the water pump being miss aligned... you can see the belt trying to come off the crank pulley then slip back into place then try to come off and slip back into place etc.... all the other pulleys seem to be fine... so now im going to replace the water pump and hope for a this to be over......... i will let you all know the out come

Old 10-14-2010, 10:09 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Well look at the pulleys and see if you can see the one that is out of alignment.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:29 PM
SumAmerican
Professional

check your coolant levels.. the water pump may be going bad.. if not check for signs of something else in the drive train going
power steering- makes alot of noise when you turn
Alternator- makes most noise when it first starts..
etc.. etc..

Old 10-25-2010, 09:14 PM
TreyA.Murphy

my crank shaft pulley was mis aligned causing the squeeking from the beginnig... now its all fix the squeeking stopped the knocking stopped and im on to my next task... putting in a system... my left side rear in my 99 dodge durango has a brown and yellow and a brown and blue Which one is positive which one is negative???

Old 10-26-2010, 02:46 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Start a new thread on it.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:19 PM
reforest

What's up guys. I know this is years later but this problem has been plaguing my ears for months!! I replaced the tensioner, the tensioner pulley, the idler pulley and the water pump and its still there. I doubt its the power steering pump and the belt looks to be in good condition.

So i start searching and searching and it appears that the belt alignment is off. There is a video on you tube how to check this.

I'm gonna go home and check the alignment when i get home. I have a strong feeling this is what it is! Just wanted to share on here and hopefully help other idiots like me diagnose and solve the problem.

Quick Reply: 99 durango help(squeaking noise)