1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1998 Durango 5.2l v8 won't start but battery good?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Here:
Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Test the voltage with the key in the on position across the batery posts (not terminals) and have someone turn the key to start (engaging the starter) and read the voltage drop across the battery posts (not terminals). If you see it drop down about 1.4 volts or so the solenoid is gone and grounding or bad contacts so you will need a starter. If nothing then it's a bad connection. Check the terminals and connecting points on both ends.
and here: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...-and-5-2l.html

Old 09-16-2011, 03:03 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoFearKanobi
My 1998 Durango will not start. Battery is good, less than 1 year. All I hear is click, but will not complete engine turn. Please help!
My 98 did the same thing, sometimes it would start normal and others you would have to turn the key a few clicks till it started...

I replaced the battery, terminal connectors up top and in a final effort decided to replace the cables... when i went down to the starter to hook up.. bam! there it was ... the nuts had atleast .25 of an inch of corrosion no them and the studs holding the wires where even rusted!!

Took the starter out and used electrical cleaner and a wire brush and cleaned the starter terminals up and put the new wireing on.. no problems since

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1998 Durango 5.2l v8 won't start but battery good?