1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help with my '98 Durango....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 PM
MindseyeSherrie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my '98 Durango....

I love my Durango.... have had no issues with it at all since we got it 2 years ago. In the last month, I have had the rear end re-done, 2 new tires, rotators and brake pads replaced on the front, new hub bearings on the front.... my delima.... When I turn to the right, there is a scraping noise. I have no idea where it is coming from. Any suggestions??
I know it still needs some work, but I am having to do it all in stages now, and I dont know where to start.

I know very little on vehicles and rely on racer friends to help me out when they can, but this one even has a couple of them baffled.

Thanks in advance... I am hoping I did post this in the correct forum. If I didnt I apologize in advance. :-)

Old 10-13-2010, 11:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
If the front end wasn't making the scraping sound before, then i would take the truck back to the shop and have them find out what causing the scraping sound.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:13 PM
MindseyeSherrie

Thanks for the welcome and response!
That is what I was thinking as well. It had been doing it some before, just not a constant, when it did it before they said it was a bad hub bearing ?? replaced it and also changed out the opposite hub bearing... surely my luck isnt so bad that its the
same thing? I guess it would be nice if it were, still under warranty that way. :-)
I am probably worrying for nothing, cant help it. I, like most females, always dread taking my truck in for servicing because I know so little about that stuff.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:55 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Could be that the power steering box needs to be adjusted. About $30 at your local shop.

Power steering box's were avalible from 1998-1999 and I am not sure on the 2000's but I thought they switched to rack and pinion.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:35 PM
MindseyeSherrie

Thank you! May ask about that while I am there too then :-)

Quick Reply: Help with my '98 Durango....