1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 Durango SLT - driver's side bucket seat track assy

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Aug
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2000 Durango SLT - driver's side bucket seat track assy

My driver's side leather bucket seat has a little play back and forth (towards and away from the steering wheel. It will not pass Virginia state inspection, which requires the seat to be locked firm with no play (which is to be expected). It is the power seat with the controls for adjustment - but it's not a memory type of power seat.

The shop said it needs a new seat track assembly. From the dealership they are expensive (over $650). My options I'm thinking about are:

1. Getting one from the junkyard (making sure it's solid first). Runs about $150.

2. Having a shop tack weld the track assembly in place. This will work with the state inspection laws. The seat has to be firmly in place; doesn't have to adjust.

3. Lock it in place with some sort of hold down bolt system. May not be as solid.

Any thoughts? Also, how hard is it to replace the track assembly?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:09 PM
c0a8l0v6i8n9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Move the seat all the way back it shouldn't move back and forth. Then unplug the power from the seat so it cant move when its being inspected. Then plug it back in after your inspection.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The rocking seat is usually only present when braking. It is nevertheless a very common issue on the Gen1D. Here is the likely fix: http://www.craigcentral.com/durango/seat.asp

HTH

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: 2000 Durango SLT - driver's side bucket seat track assy