Default Mods

I am looking at doing some mods to my D. I am looking at the following;

Headlights
Taillights
CAI
Instrument cluster
bull bar or push bar

possibly a performance chip.

Any recommendations you guys have would be appreciated. Any pics you guys have of the above would be appreciated too.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off ditch the plan of a performance chip and save up for a programmer. They're well worth the extra money and wont leave you 2 weeks down the road wondering where your money went on the chip. The PCM is a computer and smarter than you think and all eventually factor the chip in and basically ditch what the chip tells the computer to do.

I tried going this route but now have a SuperChips programmer and am very very pleased with it.

I'd check places like eBay or CarID to get a general idea of what you want as far as headlights or taillights because there's a plethora of options available when it comes to customizing those two specific areas. Keep in mine I you're going with HID headlights that its more respectful to get projector lenses than Euro housings.

As for the Bull Bar, Westin makes a great product and vie heard of many very happy people that bought into their product and still have them to this day even. Also I know Bully also makes one, and it looks nice but I'm not sure how well it stands up to the elements.

On to the CAI. Cold Air Intakes are often less than they may seem. Youvaj do your own CAI that can be found in the DIY sticky a the top of the threads page. A simple bolt on CAI usually won't be a true CAI but does benefit gem increased trottle response and typically better fuel economy. K&N is what I have personally but it is a bit expensive to most folks. AutoZone has a brand Spectre that you can make your own for around $50 and still look good.

The instrument cluster I'm not sure on. I know theres a company named Dakota Digital that made digital clusters that I got a while ago and put on my '90 Camaro I did, however I'm not sure if they're still around or if thy offer anything on the Durango. I'd like to hear from others on the instrument cluster because I'd like to go digital if its possible and I think it would be awesome.

Last edited by WhiteWidow00; 04-11-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:09 PM
ccthomp
Professional

Widow +1 on the digital cluster however I have yet to find one Dakota Digital is still in buisness but nada for Dodge. I'm pretty sold on the K&N system Autozone and O'reillys carry it and its cleared for out here in Cali. I'm looking to give it a little bit more personality than what it currently has. For the headlights I want to go with a single piece unit.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:20 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Here's a site for you to check out. It's got instrument panel customize options for all tastes and I'm thinking about one of these myself now...

http://www.blackcatcustom.com/specia...%20durango.htm

Old 04-11-2011, 08:06 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Those are pretty nice......One of these days......LOL

Old 04-11-2011, 08:25 PM
ccthomp
Professional

I like the K&N and I'm thinking about the Simco instrument cluster. And I think a bull bar would look alot better on the front of a D instead of a grille or push bars.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

To be honest I also like the Bull Bar over a brush guard. I'm looking for a real (I'm talking Police Interceptor) ram bar to throw ok the front. That would just scream, "Go ahead and **** me off!" LOL

Old 04-11-2011, 08:52 PM
ccthomp
Professional

ebay or try go rhino or setina

Quick Reply: Mods