1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Abs Issues

Old 02-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Alex Genovezos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs Issues

Hey

I currently have both the abs light and brake light on in my car. I pulled the codes and figured it was the abs module replaced it but while I was doing so I found a random ground wire not attached to anything.Does anyone know where this goes?

Attached Thumbnails Abs Issues-file_000.jpeg  
Old 02-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Alex Genovezos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs light and brake light on

Hi,

I just bought a 2000 dodge durango and the only issue with it is that the abs light and brake light are on. I pulled the codes and got 51,71,72,73. I figured it was the abs module so I replaced it with a rebuilt one and it didn't solve the issue so then I replaced the rear sensor and it's still on. Whenever the car is turned on the lights go out for a second but then they turn back on. Any ideas of what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Old 02-06-2018, 08:25 PM
sporta
Veteran
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex Genovezos
Hi,

I just bought a 2000 dodge durango and the only issue with it is that the abs light and brake light are on. I pulled the codes and got 51,71,72,73. I figured it was the abs module so I replaced it with a rebuilt one and it didn't solve the issue so then I replaced the rear sensor and it's still on. Whenever the car is turned on the lights go out for a second but then they turn back on. Any ideas of what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance

Alex
On my 2000 Durango, I had a similar issue. Is your speedometer working or is it on the fritz as well. In my case, I replaced the sensor on top of the differential, the transmission speed sensor and what finally cured my issue was the ABS control module in your first picture. I lucked out and found one at one of the Sacramento Pick-N-Pulls. You have to exactly match the number on the module. The number is the P5200989XXX number that is under the plug closest to the engine if that makes any sense. It took 2 different modules to get the correct one...hope this helps.

sporta

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Abs Issues