1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Speakers for a '99 durango

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 04:41 AM
racerhoze
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers for a '99 durango

I am thinking about repairing my stock infinity speakers with the speaker repair foam edge kits. But any threads I found only had people doing this with a 2000+ durango which I am not certain if it has the same size/model of speakers. Could anyone clarify the model numbers for the front and rear speakers in a 99 durango? And also, previous threads mentioned a coil alignment tool and I am not sure if I will need one, or if the repair kits come with them. Anyone with any experience would be appreciated. Also one of my rear door's windows does not work. no noise from motor/regulator when I am attempting to roll it up/down. Allthough one day it did roll down and up but has not worked since. What could I check so I can find the source of this problem since I will have the door panel off anyway. Thanks for anyones help!

Old 08-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Speakers for a '99 durango

If you have the Infinity sound system for your D, your speakers are definitely 6.5 inch speakers on all 4 doors. If they are not infinity, I would have to assume they are still 6.5 inch in diameter. So you will be looking for a standard 6.5 inch foam replacment.

I just checked and confirm you do not need the centering tool to replace the surround foam. The centering tool is to replace the voice coil and/or the cone itself. Here is the direct link that they even show you visual pictures to show you how to replace the surround foams step by step.

http://www.simplyspeakers.com/speake...structions.htm

I cannot help you with the power window issue. Can be lots of things but since you are removing the door panel, you can check to make sure the motor is working. Some users found the wire harness to the main switch console on front driver side is loose that is causing these windows problems.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking around the websites for other sites that sells custom speaker adaptors to fit aftermarket speakers to OEM mounting locations, check this out.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCOSAC656

The other site I posted to buy their adaptors have some huge issues as far as actually getting the product when it has been paid for so I don't want anyone from this forum to order anything from that other site.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:31 AM
SLT_5.9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the power window is concerned, remove the door panel and lightly tap the window motor with a hammer, then try to roll the window down. I did this on mine and it's been operating fine ever since. It could just be stuck, obviously this isn't a guaranteed permanent fix, but it's worked for me for a while.

Quick Reply: Speakers for a '99 durango