1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2002 Dodge Durango airbag and more issue

Old 05-13-2012, 07:28 AM
cfeakes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge Durango airbag and more issue

I'm new to the site and I hope that I have posted this in the right area. I have a 2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7 V8. I purchased Aug. Of last year. It has had a few quirks that still have not been worked out. Airbag light is on, cruise controle and horn do not work. The dealer had a mechanic shop put a new stearing wheel column in before we purchased it, and since I have had it in there shop 4 times for this. They have replaced the clock springs, airbag, and main computer, tested wiring harnesses and come up with nothing. It would work for a day or two and then quit.
any ideas? Each time I have had in there shop its been at least 3 to 4 days each time. If I take it back to them again in afraid I'm at there whim as to what and when I get it back. lol last time they messed with it every time you put the turn signal on to go left horn went off. So I am kinda Leary about going back.
I'm on a limited budget.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:47 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

sounds to melike the dealer should be paying for these repairs since their shop likely screwed it up

definitely sounds like a bad clock spring based on no horn, airbag light being on and no cruise control. however it is also possible (since replacing it doesnt seem to have helped) that there is a pinched wire in the steering column from when it was out

Old 05-14-2012, 03:29 AM
cfeakes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I will have them check that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge Durango airbag and more issue