1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Dashboard lights don't work unless....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 09:58 PM
akaheaven
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dashboard lights don't work unless....

Girl here trying to figure things out. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 4X4 which I bought about a month ago and I didn't realize it didn't have an owner's manual until it was too late. The dashboard lights don't come on during the day unless I turn on the headlights. Not a big problem except on dark, rainy dreary days but I would like to know what the problem could be. I have the dimmer all the way up but still nothing unless the headlights are on then everything lights up just fine. Any ideas or should this really be a non-issue?
Also, any idea where I can get an owner's manual online for a reasonable price or do I have to go through Dodge? (The guy who I bought the truck from apparently didn't even know it was missing.)
Thanks so much guys!!

Old 06-29-2012, 10:13 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

are you talking about the backlighting for the gauge cluster? ill double check mine tomorrow, but i have only ever seen it on when the parking lights or headlights are on (parking lights is one position on the switch, headlights is all the way on)

Old 06-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by akaheaven
The dashboard lights don't come on during the day unless I turn on the headlights.
Yes, that how Dodge made it to work... Why would you want your dashboard lights on during the day when most likely its to bright out to see them?

Originally Posted by akaheaven
Not a big problem except on dark, rainy dreary days
Not sure where you are from but, in most states it is law that when it is dark, rainy and dreary your suppost to use your headlight so people can see you..... Doing this should solve the problem of the dashboard lights...

Quick Reply: Dashboard lights don't work unless....