1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

show off your 1st gen durango!! ANYTHING GOES!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 PM
krupaeric
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default show off your 1st gen durango!! ANYTHING GOES!

as we all know most all of the show off threads get closed due to bickering and ppl trying to be bossy and trying to show off there power. and just being sercastic about how the thread is being ran.
in this thread anything goes.
show off your ride!
ask questions about other ppls vehicles being shown off!
i politely ask ppl to not ask off topic questions regarding to there vehicle unless someone has done a mod to there vehicle and your wondering, the cost, the time it took to do such mod, etc...
if you have a problem with your vehicle and its completely off topic please start a new thread!
if you notice something about someones vehicle and want to advise them on how to fix it or how to work out a situation its ok.
just try not to be a d!cK.
thank you! and enjoy ppls pictures!

Last edited by krupaeric; 09-21-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:28 AM
krupaeric
Veteran

so here it goes hopefully this thread lasts and it wont get shut down due to politics.
my durango is...
1998 durango slt. 5.2 ltr
mods.
1) 2" t/s lift
2) cold air intake
3) bbk 52mm t.b
4) 304ss tubular smog headers
5) high flow offroad cat
6) thrush 2.5in 2.5out welded muffler
7) 31x10.5x15 goodyear wrangler authority tires
8) limited slip rear differential

mods to come.
1) 5.9ltr engine swap
2) 46re tranny
3) new fenders/inner fenders (already bought)
4) new hood/grille (already bought)
5) new rockers (already bought)
6) new bumper/bumper cover (already bought)
7) line x entire outside body of vehicle
8) dyno and professionaly reprogram pcm
9) 3" body lift
10) 35x10.5x15 tires. not sure which ones yet
11) possible true dual exhaust if no codes pop with only 1 set of o2's on only 1 side of exhaust
Name:  2af7c9e7.jpg
Views: 4678
Size:  177.4 KB
Name:  78b6a60b.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  125.3 KB
Name:  65764e0e.jpg
Views: 2029
Size:  87.2 KB
Name:  75e89f47.jpg
Views: 5462
Size:  136.3 KB
Name:  d0779462.jpg
Views: 1650
Size:  139.4 KB
Name:  7d9e76c2.jpg
Views: 1858
Size:  115.1 KB
Name:  b367c24c.jpg
Views: 1653
Size:  83.9 KB

Last edited by krupaeric; 09-21-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:27 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

looks like those headers might make changing spark plugs a pain.

Any way here are some pics of my truck:

During a bit of light off-roading:

Freshly washed and waxed this past weekend:

E-fan swap (3500cfm) from a taurus:

Dakota Digital e-fan controller:

Homebrew cold/ram air intake with K&N air filter:

Mods:

Magnaflow 3" stainless-steel cat-back exhaust
Full electric fan conversion
180 degree thermostat
Clear corner lenses
Led bulbs in brake/tail, brake/turn, 3rd brake, and reverse lights (led parking lights soon to come)
Led interior bulbs
...and other various little things I can't think of right now

Bi-Xenon projector headlights (a proper hid setup, not pnp) to be done this weekend

Old 09-21-2012, 01:43 AM
krupaeric
Veteran

changing the pluggs out the first time was a pain in the butt. but i went out and got a 1/2" swivell adapter and now its eazy peazy!
but i havent posted new pics on the wiper arm treatment. but i did exactly what you said some sand paper and a can of rustoleum high gloss.
i like the fan swapp to. seems a little complicated to me. ill just stick to the stock one for now.
my cold air intake was easy. a few peices of 3" pvc pipe, a 3" 90% elbow and a boot.
and it fitted perfectly. i just had to make my own bracket to hold it up or else it just sagged. and i did cut a hole thru my rubber like you did, but i found a hard plactic funnell that goes from round to an oval. and i stuck the oval part thru the rubber and attached it with short metal screws. ill have to take some pictures of that also,
tolat cost of that project was about $50. $30 for the filter and about $12 for the pvc parts, and $5 for the round to oval funnel.
unfortunitely i live in an area that gets hit with snow pretty hard every year and the previous owner never took care of the vehicle so the salt and sand got the best of the fenders and rockers. if it wasnt for me it would still be in the junkyard. i resurected that truck from the dead. since march i have had to put over $4,000 into it. and i recently purchased a ton of parts from rock auto so i can redo the body in the spring. its been a long arduious proscess, but she sure is comming along nicely. in the spring she will be a whole new vehicle!
and in the summer my wife and i are going to go visit my grandfater who lives in murels inlet s.c. and were hoping that we can do some offroading while we are down there. so maybe you can give us a few pointers on where to go.

Last edited by krupaeric; 09-21-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:44 AM
jmess
Veteran

Krupaeric, if you plan to do any off roasting I wouldn't suggest 35s. I have the t/s lift and 3 inch body lift like you plan on doing. I can clear the 35s on road but any sort of off roasting they rub way too much and way too easily in the fenders. No amount of trimming can fix it. Currently I have 33/10.5/15 and they look ok. I would suggest 33/12.5 with some backspaces wheels for the look your going for. I'll post pics of my rig when I can get to a computer

Old 09-21-2012, 01:50 AM
krupaeric
Veteran

also on your headlights that your doing this weekend, did you have to buy a conversion kit or do you just need to buy the projector beam headlights? like on ebay i see they got the sets for around 140. is that all i would need?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:55 AM
krupaeric
Veteran

ahh, jmess!
you killed my dreams. lol
not really. but thanks for the input, ill have to change my ideas. but with wider tires ill have to get different wheels.
do you think the r/t wheels the 17x9" wheels would accomidate the 12.5" wide tires or would i still need the backspacers?

Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 AM
jmess
Veteran

I'm not sure on the rt wheels. But with 17s you sidewall wont bubble a whole hell of a lot especially with 33s. You want that bubble for traction in mud. When you look to buy rims I believe you would want 3.75" backspacing. Don't take my word on that because I can't remember at the moment. You could send duranged408 a pm and see what he's running for rims though

Old 09-21-2012, 08:36 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I've heard mixed feelings on projector setups from ebay. I found this site hidplanet.com. It's all about retrofitting hid systems into vehicles. You'd need a set of headlight lenses with clear lenses (you could find those on ebay), then you'd need the projectors that you would install in the headlight housings, then you'd need hid bulbs and ballasts. After this weekend when I install my setup I'll hopefully have some more input on this.

Unfortunately I still don't know the area here all that well, but I have heard of a place called carolina backwoods that is a bit over the north carolina border from myrtle beach. I'm sure there are probably more local places and trails closer, but I'm not aware of any.

But anyway, nice looking truck. It lucked out finding a home with you.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Rawyzf
Professional

Re: T&S Lift.

What shackles did you use? I have read 6400 and 6700, so not sure which to get.

Quick Reply: show off your 1st gen durango!! ANYTHING GOES!