1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

01 Durango keyless entry

Old 04-19-2013, 10:02 AM
thebenman28
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 01 Durango keyless entry

Another question I keep forgetting to ask on here....both key fobs suddenly stopped working a while back. Went and got a couple new batteries, still nothing. It's as if there are no batteries in them. Is there a way to trouble shoot / reset these? Or do I have to take to the dealer? I know, sounds petty when I have the whole rear end apart, but I love my keyless entry. Thanx guys!!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:46 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

If you had one that was still working you could reprogram the other ones on your own, but since none are working you'll have to take it to the stealer or call a locksmith. The locksmith should be able to do it for a lot cheaper.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:18 PM
jtorti
Default 01 Durango keyless entry

I have the same problem with my keyless entry on my 01 Durango R/T. Both key fobs stopped working at the same time. They worked intermittently for a week or so and then just stopped locking/unlocking the doors. Both remotes test fine (transmitting and batteries are fine) but it just appears that the vehicle no longer receives the signal. I believe that the keyless entry is controlled through the BCM but everything else works fine so I'm thinking that it could be something else. Did you ever figure out what was happening with yours?

Old 06-10-2013, 10:27 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jtorti
I have the same problem with my keyless entry on my 01 Durango R/T. Both key fobs stopped working at the same time. They worked intermittently for a week or so and then just stopped locking/unlocking the doors. Both remotes test fine (transmitting and batteries are fine) but it just appears that the vehicle no longer receives the signal. I believe that the keyless entry is controlled through the BCM but everything else works fine so I'm thinking that it could be something else. Did you ever figure out what was happening with yours?
Sounds like your CTM is the issue.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:46 AM
DJMikeT

I'm having this exact same issue as well, it started about 2 weeks ago. My keyless entry works only intermittently and both fobs are good (replaced batteries just to be sure). Identical sympthoms as jtori mentioned above. I figured it must be the module on the vehicle receiving the signal. So my question is do you have to replace the entire CTM to fix the issue???

Old 06-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJMikeT
So my question is do you have to replace the entire CTM to fix the issue???
Yes, and i am pretty sure dash removal is required to do it.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:11 AM
DJMikeT

No dash removal required it's located on the drivers side kick panel, very easy to get to. Was just looking for verification that the CTM controls the Keyless Entry and I've done some more reading and found that this is true. Looking for the best prices on the part now.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJMikeT
No dash removal required it's located on the drivers side kick panel, very easy to get to. Was just looking for verification that the CTM controls the Keyless Entry and I've done some more reading and found that this is true. Looking for the best prices on the part now.

Good they changed that in 01, that will make it easier for you.. 98-00's have them buried up in the dash....

Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 PM
jtorti

Thanks for all your help. I was afraid that was the problem but it seemed crazy that the door locks would be the only thing to fail when the module controls so much on the vehicle. It does not seem worth it to replace the module just to get the keyless entry back (I can still unlock all the doors by turning the key twice in the door lock). I would also have to pay to have the remotes reprogrammed after replacing the CTM.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 PM
DJMikeT

Well I'm having some weird issues now. OK first of all like I mentioned above my door locks worked intermittently and then quit working all together. I've been really busy so I just drove it the way it was. Then suddenly my passenger side rear brake light quit working. Tail lights work fine but no brake signal on that side. I removed the light fixture and replaced both bulbs and still the same issue. So I quit driving it thinking my entire light system may go out at any time. I ordered a CTM from EBay that was the exact same make and model number and installed it today and I'm still having the exact same issue. Do you guys think I purchased a bad CTM or could something else be the culprit? Tomorrow when I'm off I will check for voltage to the rear brake lamp, if I don't get anything I was thinking of taking the CTM module to the dealership and see if they can test for me to determine if that's the issue. If anyone has any other insight I'd greatly appreciate it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 Durango keyless entry