1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

My Durango's down for the time being

Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

USAA is being even more of a pain in the **** now. They're now trying to say that they'll total it for 50% now, which is total BS. At this rate I'm going to have to deal with them in court because they're just trying to do what ever they can to get out of paying for it.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:21 PM
that_guy
Champion

Still haven't gotten anywhere with USAA in the past week. They just keep dragging their feet and putting things off. I'm still trying to argue with them over the value that they're putting on my Durango. They're currently valuing it at $4200 with $2500 in damage, but they still say that they want to total it. They're using a $2000 beat up (body damaged and moldy interior) auction Durango as one of the vehicles they're basing the value on. They're also using other cars that they have listed that sold for around $3000, but when I looked up the vin online I found that it sold for $6000. Hopefully I can get them to increase the value so that they'll fix it.

On a side note this 2013 Journey (3.6 FWD) I have as a rental isn't too bad. It does feel a bit cramped up front, but it does ride really nice anb it has good equipment. It's pretty damn fast too, I stepped on it pulling out into traffic the other day and it flew up to 60 without me even realizing it. I still just want my Durango back though.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would not waste any more time with them and just hire a accident lawyer and sue the pants off them. Just tell the lawyer what you want done and he'll get it done and then some.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:46 PM
that_guy
Champion

That's really what it's coming down to. I really hate to have to go that route, but the insurance company isn't giving me any other choice.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:55 AM
sp360d
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dam that_guy...always liked your d. Dam woman..i drive an 18 wheeler, for 22 yrs now, and I can say, from experience, that woman, especially young woman are the WORST drivers on the road. Most have no idea about traffic rules, have no respect for other drivers, how their vehicle reacts and most are distracted. And forget about them using turn signals. Sorry about your mishap man..hopefully she will pay out the you know what for her vehicle and yours. Your accident is the reason I run a video recording system in my 18 wheeler and my Shelby d. Keep us up to date on the process of reconstruction of ur d, if its possible.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:36 AM
that_guy
Champion

Yeah, I genuinely have no idea how some of the people around here have driver's licences. Hopefully I can convince the insurance company to fix it. I had planned on buying it back and fixing it even if they totaled it, but my insurance guy (nationwide) said that they won't insure it with full coverage anymore which rules that out. It really has me pissed off because there's no mechanical damage, it's all just body damage. I f*cking hate USAA.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by that_guy
Still haven't gotten anywhere with USAA in the past week. They just keep dragging their feet and putting things off. I'm still trying to argue with them over the value that they're putting on my Durango. They're currently valuing it at $4200 with $2500 in damage, but they still say that they want to total it. They're using a $2000 beat up (body damaged and moldy interior) auction Durango as one of the vehicles they're basing the value on. They're also using other cars that they have listed that sold for around $3000, but when I looked up the vin online I found that it sold for $6000. Hopefully I can get them to increase the value so that they'll fix it.

On a side note this 2013 Journey (3.6 FWD) I have as a rental isn't too bad. It does feel a bit cramped up front, but it does ride really nice anb it has good equipment. It's pretty damn fast too, I stepped on it pulling out into traffic the other day and it flew up to 60 without me even realizing it. I still just want my Durango back though.

In my experiance with insurance companies over the years, every time someone hit me (twice) i have had to get a lawyer involved to prevent myself from getting screwed.

The last time was for out '94 Explorer. It was a Eddie Bauer Edition, we where the 2nd owners and the first was a old man that kept it in the garage and never drove it in adverse weather. When we got it, she looked like it drove of the showroom floor. On new years morning 2009 it was hit head on and pushed 10 ft into other cars by a drunk teenage girl.

Her insurance company was Nationwide. I never thought i would have such a hard time with them since there not cheap and well known. They tried to screw me on its worth by using prices of base model explorers for replacement. They first offered me $800 bucks for it. I played the run around with them for a week telling them that mine was not the base model till i finally had the sh*ts of it. I had my insurance (State Farm) step in and they had an lawyer look over it as well. Less than 24 hours after i called my agent at State Farm a Nationwide rep showed up at the house with a offer and a check for $5000. Not a bad return as we had bought it that past July at a auto auction for $600.

The time before that was when my wife's 2005 neon was hit and the guy kept going as he was being chased by the cops. All he did was scuff the paint on the side and push the rear wheel forward about 2-3" bending a support bar. The insurance wanted to total it. When i was all said and done i ended up getting $1200 check to fix it and got it fix for under $500

Last edited by Old_School; 05-27-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:40 PM
that_guy
Champion

If they don't want to be reasonable tomorrow I'm probably going to have to hire a lawyer. I really hope they'll just pay to fix it.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:44 PM
that_guy
Champion

USAA finally got back to me today. They still are insisting that they want to total it and offered me $4523.20, I told them I'll see them in court then. I had them pay the shop that it's been sitting at for the 3 weeks of storage fees so that I can get it out.

Monday morning the shop is going to do an alignment on the front end so that it will be driveable without ruining the tires, then I'll take it back to my house. I'm going to go to the junkyard and get a new fender and bumper (~$100) and a few rattle cans of the right paint from carquest, then I'll sand down, fill if necessary, prime, and paint the junkyard parts. This way it will at least be decent looking, since I don't want to drive around with different colored panels, until I get the money from USAA to fix it properly.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Compactc9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good plan, yet another guy decided to run into my truck a while ago, so now my back bumper is smashed up, I'm just going to go get junkyard parts and have the shop paint them, then put it on myself to save money and avoid not having my truck for a couple weeks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Durango's down for the time being