1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

so I got this durango.... with some issues...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 06:22 PM
RockGuardedDak
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonJacquard
well I went the yard today and picked up a y-pipe and a 02 sensor as it currently doesn't have one, well it has a y-pipe but they PO cut out the cat, and when he did that he went threw the 02 sensor and bung so I needed a new to me one anyhow, not too bad at the yard, it was 5 bucks, now to lift up the durango and drop a drive line and install, and see if that helps at all...
I can almost gaurantee that the missing o2 sensor is your runability problem. I bet it's also hard to start once the motor is warmed up as well. Once you get the y-pipe installed and install the o2 sensor, your problem will likey be gone. However, you will have a code for "catalyst efficiency" since your cat is missing, and that wont go away until you replace the cat, but I've never seen or heard of runability issues from having no cat, just poor gas mileage

Old 08-20-2013, 07:00 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Well not having an o2 sensor could be the reason it isn't running right.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:27 PM
JasonJacquard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well no change with that, I'm going to replace the map sensor and see if that helps at all. I'm not getting any codes except coil packs, and they are always random ones, and when I get it to idle I can unplug one coil at a time and notice a difference so I know they are all good to go.

Quick Reply: so I got this durango.... with some issues...