1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 12:20 PM
kevinch417
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper

When I bought my '03 Durango SLT, there was a slight gap between the sides of the bumper and the headlights. Very minor gap and it had been in a fender bender with the previous owner so I already knew about it.

I've driven it since this past April, and only about a week or so ago, it looks like the gap has increased, which means the bumper is at more of an angle than it was before. I've only done normal driving on roads, so I'm a bit concerned about it increaseing more and possible falling off on me. It looks from the inside that it is not fully in place. I haven't measured the gap yet, but I intend to so i can keep track of it.

With that said, I was wondering if anyone has an idea of a range for how much it would cost to get the bumper put back on properly. Also, if the mechanic says the bumper needs to be replaced, what would a good estimate for the price of that be?

Old 09-23-2013, 12:33 PM
SmokinJoe02
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crawl up under there and check the bolts holding the brackets to the metal portion of the bumper. I'd loosen those and adjust the bumper, then tighten them up real tight. My bumper is the same way, due to a previous 'bump', so my tire rubs the inner fender on certain turns. I'm going to take the whole bumper off and check it out further. I hope to be able to just heat the metal and bang it into shape rather than buy a new one. Check out ebay. You can find plenty of replacement parts at a fraction of the cost.

SJ02

Quick Reply: Front Bumper