1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Need Tech Advice (Central Timing Module)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Tech Advice (Central Timing Module)

Ok, my Durango is in the shop for the first time and I am not happy. It is a 2003 R/T. What happened was I just had started it up and realized my service 4 wheel drive light was on. I also noticed that my interior lights were not working and my headlights would not work. I immediately took it to the dealer and they said it was an electrical problem (well duh!). They said the central timing module went out and explained to me that it was the module located in the dash that controls almost everything. They said the job would be $350 to complete parts and labor. I am just wondering if anyone has had the same problem or has even heard of this piece of equipment. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:16 PM
12voltkid
Default RE: Need Tech Advice (Central Timing Module)

I know what they are talking about is it not under war.?

Old 04-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

Nope. It was covered under the 3 yr. 36,000 mile portion of it but I am over 36,000 miles. The 7/70 warranty does not cover it, only powertrain. But since you are familiar with it, with it being on the fritz, could it have potentially messed with anything else? I am just afraid of having ongoing problems with the electrical system. I know this is my first episode with the electrical system but from what I have seen, once they mess up, they seem to have the domino effect. Am I correct in being worried????

Old 04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
12voltkid

As long as it is a reputable dealer you should be fine. There is a person with DF that is a Dodge sevice Manger I will try to find him and you can get info from him. No worries man.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:22 AM
12voltkid

The person Iam refering to is Parts/Service user id check the general Durango sec. you'll see one of his post's

Old 04-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

Well i got my truck back yesterday and all seems fine. The only issue is that since they reset my computer I have to bring it back so they can reset my remote. They didnt have time yesterday. I hope all is well for a loooooooooong time. LOL.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:32 PM
MAD R/T

I just ordered a new "Time and Alarm Module" as this is what they are calling it now. They have changed part numbers 4 times on this part and admittedly said they have had a lot of problems with them. They printed out the schematic for me off their internal Chrysler website (he wouldn't give me his ID/password... doesn't hurt to ask) and this thing controls/interfaces with practically every lite, timer, switch and chime/alarm on the vehicle. I'm picking up the part tomorrow and before I install it am interested in your experiences with having to re-program the key fob. What is the process to do this? Any words of advice?

Old 06-16-2009, 08:37 PM
verrone
Exclamation HELP 2002 dodge durango r/t Possible time and alarm issue

Originally Posted by MAD R/T
I just ordered a new "Time and Alarm Module" as this is what they are calling it now. They have changed part numbers 4 times on this part and admittedly said they have had a lot of problems with them. They printed out the schematic for me off their internal Chrysler website (he wouldn't give me his ID/password... doesn't hurt to ask) and this thing controls/interfaces with practically every lite, timer, switch and chime/alarm on the vehicle. I'm picking up the part tomorrow and before I install it am interested in your experiences with having to re-program the key fob. What is the process to do this? Any words of advice?

Hello im have the same issue with my durango my 4 wheel drive lite comes on then goes off
the head lite flickers off and on
the dome lite flicker off and on
the dash lite flicker off and on
my keyless entry stopped working period
my power locks stopped working too
it seems to happen when it gets hot outside
do u know if this has anything to do with the time and alarm module

Old 06-16-2009, 11:34 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, sounds the same. Thats the CTM. Current rates are $450-$495 for the repair. Take both of your Key Fobs, they need them to reprogram to the new CTM. Get it fixed before it leaves you stranded.

IndyDurango

Old 06-16-2009, 11:40 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like yours is a classic CTM.

Check the battery cables and grounds and have you battery load tested to make sure it's good.

Quick Reply: Need Tech Advice (Central Timing Module)