1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2003 Durango Rear Window Washer Problem

Old 10-23-2013, 08:05 PM
mrmrumsey22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, all I want to do is disconnect the thing so it doesn't squirt fluid out everytime I start the vehicle. As I am new to Durangos and newer cars in general, I have no idea where this stuff is at. That's why I said that I need a diagram or some sort of explanation of where the motor is and exactly which wires to disconnect. Thanks for the help so far and again, sorry for my noobness.

Last edited by mrmrumsey22; 10-23-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmrumsey22
Ok, all I want to do is disconnect the thing so it doesn't squirt fluid out everytime I
Same answer as before...

Originally Posted by that_guy
Just pull the power connector off of the motor to the rear washer and be done with it.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:22 PM
RockGuardedDak
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly the type of quick fix I am looking for. Could you explain how to do that. Not sure where the connector is for the rear washer. A diagram or link to one would be helpful. Thanks.
When your standing facing the front of the vehicle, with the hood up, on your left there is the washer fluid reservoir right? A little more to the left, but still on the same plastic housing/fan shroud piece, you will see two white cylindrical things with rubber water lines attached. One rubber hose per motor, one connector per motor. Now, I can't remember which is which, but one is the front, the other is the back. Just unplug one connector at a time (not the rubber hose) and test to make sure the front still works. If the front doesn't work, it's the other motor you need to unplug

Edit: sorry if any way I worded that sounded offensive in any way. Just trying to give a vague description without a picture. Noticed everyone (except that_guy) was trying to diagnose your problem, instead of help point you in the right direction, or answer the actual question

Last edited by RockGuardedDak; 10-23-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:40 PM
mrmrumsey22

Same answer as before...
Wow dude, you're a big friggin' help. Did you not bother to read the rest of my post to which you only quoted part of. I have no idea where this stuff is at or what I am looking for. Your vague answers are not helpful at all. You must be one of those types of people who are only worried about padding their post count instead of actually helping someone. Please, I don't need anymore of your "same as before" answers. Not very helpful at all.

@RockGuardedDak: Thanks for your help. That's the type of answer I was looking for. With your explanation, I think I can take it from here. Thanks again for the informative answer, appreciate it.

Last edited by mrmrumsey22; 10-23-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:50 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow dude, you're a big friggin' help. Did you not bother to read the rest of my post to which you only quoted part of. I have no idea where this stuff is at or what I am looking for. Your vague answers are not helpful at all. You must be one of those types of people who are only worried about padding their post count instead of actually helping someone. Please, I don't need anymore of your "same as before" answers. Not very helpful at all.

@RockGuardedDak: Thanks for your help. That's the type of answer I was looking for. With your explanation, I think I can take it from here. Thanks again for the informative answer, appreciate it.

I figured you'd be intelligent enough to find the motor on the bottom of the washer bottle, but I guess not, so fair enough. And the next time you want to accuse someone of not reading, maybe you should look at the quote and see that you edited your post asking for more specific info after I read, quoted, and replied to you. If you want to be an ******* you're just going to be an ***, you can help yourself or find somewhere else to go, because most people here aren't going to tolerate that kind of attitude.

Last edited by that_guy; 10-23-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:00 PM
alwaysclean19
Professional

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar mrmrumsey! Have you resolved your problem?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:46 PM
dxloat
Veteran

Wow, mrmrumsey you are sounding a little bit like a dick for someone new. Try to have a little respect for those trying to help or may not get any ever again.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:02 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I figured you'd be intelligent enough to find the motor on the bottom of the washer bottle, but I guess not...
ThatGuy, don't worry about it. This thread is what I meant in that another thread I started about why do people ask questions when they have no idea what to do with the answers.

I dropped out of helping this guy when he said he didn't want to fix it. I don't work that way, don't see the need to help people do the wrong thing.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:31 AM
RockGuardedDak
All Star

Originally Posted by JeeperDon
ThatGuy, don't worry about it. This thread is what I meant in that another thread I started about why do people ask questions when they have no idea what to do with the answers.

I dropped out of helping this guy when he said he didn't want to fix it. I don't work that way, don't see the need to help people do the wrong thing.
You can't help somebody unplug something quickly for the time being? As I don't know for sure, and I am only running on what ifs here, but what if, he only wanted to unplug the motor for the time being to stop it from wasting his fluid and was planning on fixing it later, just wanted a temp solution. People kept trying to solve his problem and all he was interested in for now was the quick fix. People have their reasons for the quick fix. Why not help?

And that_guy, I wouldn't take any offence. He was likely just getting frustrated with the people trying help diagnose his problem instead of getting the answer he needed/wanted. He took it out on the wrong guy though, as you did help answer the original question

In the end, all that needs to be said is that we are ALL here to help each other. Let's try not to stray from the question at hand and cause un needed confusion and frustration like what has happened here in this thread.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:38 AM
PublicHair
Banned

The motor for the rear washer pump is located on the driver side of the washer fluid reservoir. It's the one that sits higher up. You'll need a flathead screw driver to remove the connector.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 Durango Rear Window Washer Problem