1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2003 Durango Rear Window Washer Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 12:44 AM
PublicHair
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeeperDon
ThatGuy, don't worry about it. This thread is what I meant in that another thread I started about why do people ask questions when they have no idea what to do with the answers.

I dropped out of helping this guy when he said he didn't want to fix it. I don't work that way, don't see the need to help people do the wrong thing.
..considering he starts his truck up and the stupid thing sprays fluid for 20 seconds.. If the rear motor doesn't work to move the wiper arm, why waste the fluid each time he starts his truck? He can unplug it and fix the issue later, if he wishes. He doesn't need to fix it now does he? My 2012 ram doesn't have a wiper arm on the back window. My bronco didnt have one. My durango won't spray fluid even after a new motor but it will activate the arm for three swipes.

Point is.. It's not a big deal. It's a luxury item. Not a needed safety feature.

Next time.. Think about the practical side of helping people vs letting them waste money on fluid so they can have fluid to actually use on their windshield which is far more important than any back window.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:01 AM
RockGuardedDak
All Star

Originally Posted by PublicHair
Point is.. It's not a big deal. It's a luxury item. Not a needed safety feature.
Up here, it's actually a ticket if the rear wiper motor and washer sprayer don't work. They won't pull you over to check it, but if you get caught with it not working, they will enforce it. And you actually can't get the vehicle safety certified here if the rear wiper and sprayer don't work as well.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:10 AM
mrmrumsey22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your help here RockGuardedDak, appreciate it very much. Although others here tried to help, you are the only one here that understood my situation and understood where I was coming from.

@that guy: I am a very intelligent person, thank you very much. Like I said before, this is the first time that I have owned a Durango or newer car in general, as most of my previous cars have been late 60s or 70s models. Furthermore, I am not a gearhead or someone that works on cars all the time. Therefore, admittedly, I am not the smartest guy there is when it comes to working on cars. So, before you go insulting someone, maybe you should know a little more about them.

@JeeperDon: I am living on a fixed income (disability) and really don't have the money to correctly fix the problem. (buying a new motor) That is why I was only looking for a quick fix for the time being. Like "that guy", maybe you shouldn't be so quick to pass judgement.

@Publichair: Thanks for your help also. You're another one that understands my situation and where I wanted to go with this. Again, thanks for your input.

Last edited by mrmrumsey22; 10-24-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:48 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright everyone hold hands and chant 'we can all get along' and then sit in a circle with your legs criss cross applesauce. If you have nothing constructive to say then do not post.
FF

Old 10-24-2013, 10:35 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by RockGuardedDak
Up here, it's actually a ticket if the rear wiper motor and washer sprayer don't work. They won't pull you over to check it, but if you get caught with it not working, they will enforce it. And you actually can't get the vehicle safety certified here if the rear wiper and sprayer don't work as well.
I have a feeling PA's inspections would be the same. While it may or may not be required from the manufacturer, if you've got it, it has to be functional.

Originally Posted by mrmrumsey22
Thanks for your help here RockGuardedDak, appreciate it very much. Although others here tried to help, you are the only one here that understood my situation and understood where I was coming from.

@that guy: I am a very intelligent person, thank you very much. Like I said before, this is the first time that I have owned a Durango or newer car in general, as most of my previous cars have been late 60s or 70s models. Furthermore, I am not a gearhead or someone that works on cars all the time. Therefore, admittedly, I am not the smartest guy there is when it comes to working on cars. So, before you go insulting someone, maybe you should know a little more about them.

@JeeperDon: I am living on a fixed income (disability) and really don't have the money to correctly fix the problem. (buying a new motor) That is why I was only looking for a quick fix for the time being. Like "that guy", maybe you shouldn't be so quick to pass judgement.

@Publichair: Thanks for your help also. You're another one that understands my situation and where I wanted to go with this. Again, thanks for your input.
We're all here trying to give you the best help we can based on the limited information people give us. I only repeated my post earlier because you repeated the same thing. You've been given several different suggestions, so why don't you go and try them.

You were the one who started judging people, so maybe you need to take your own advice. vvv

Originally Posted by mrmrumsey22
Wow dude, you're a big friggin' help. Did you not bother to read the rest of my post to which you only quoted part of. I have no idea where this stuff is at or what I am looking for. Your vague answers are not helpful at all. You must be one of those types of people who are only worried about padding their post count instead of actually helping someone. Please, I don't need anymore of your "same as before" answers. Not very helpful at all.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:58 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PublicHair
We're both regulars here, so I don't mean to **** you off , but I never was one to let a feature on a vehicle not be working, ever. Junk yard, auto parts, dealer, me welding something, whatever it takes. My wallet just helped me decide what to do, not if to do it.

Last edited by JeeperDon; 10-24-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:48 PM
mrmrumsey22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, the problem has been solved. Thanks for the help guys.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 PM
PublicHair
Banned

Originally Posted by JeeperDon
We're both regulars here, so I don't mean to **** you off , but I never was one to let a feature on a vehicle not be working, ever. Junk yard, auto parts, dealer, me welding something, whatever it takes. My wallet just helped me decide what to do, not if to do it.

Quick Reply: 2003 Durango Rear Window Washer Problem