1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

No display on OEM radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 10:50 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No display on OEM radio

I am hoping someone may have come across this issue and able to figure out how to fix it.

OEM infinity cassette/CD combo radio.

Everything works except for my LCD display. At times it will come back on, but most often it stays off.

Been googling for quite some time and still have yet to find a solution to this.

I really don't want to go the aftermarket route. I rather everything stay OEM in the interior to discourage thieves and so far, I am most satisfied with the sound quality of the OEM infinity system with aftermarket Infinity speakers.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:01 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can have mine for almost free. It's been on a shelf for 12 years.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:55 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Probably the display failing.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Kensai
Champion

I was looking at ebay to see what a oem deck would cost. Saw a business was selling Chrysler OEM radios with some mods. They were selling a deck similar to mine and it had a Aux input jack on the front face. The Aux Jack is located where the lower left corner speaker location where you use the toggle stick to balance the speakers.

Would have been nice if Chrysler would have thought of something like this from the beginning.

They are selling these modded decks for $190 which is beyond my budget and would prefer to get aftermarket if I have to pay that price.

Oh well, I will just have to live with a dead lcd display. The deck still works perfectly, just cannot see what time and station/track I am on.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:20 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sometimes my 01 dak the radio and turn signal is off. till i move the ignition key and they come on. so i think its the ignition switch. but doesnt seam to cause a lot of trouble.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:36 AM
gvsu4msu
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kensai
I was looking at ebay to see what a oem deck would cost. Saw a business was selling Chrysler OEM radios with some mods. They were selling a deck similar to mine and it had a Aux input jack on the front face. The Aux Jack is located where the lower left corner speaker location where you use the toggle stick to balance the speakers.

Would have been nice if Chrysler would have thought of something like this from the beginning.

They are selling these modded decks for $190 which is beyond my budget and would prefer to get aftermarket if I have to pay that price.

Oh well, I will just have to live with a dead lcd display. The deck still works perfectly, just cannot see what time and station/track I am on.
Did you see JeeperDon's post above?

Old 02-03-2015, 08:47 AM
that_guy
Champion

Don's 01 radio won't work in a 2000 unfortunately. It was definitely a very nice offer.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:53 AM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Kensai, You can get a decent media player deck for maybe $100, with all you want and bluetooth phone. If you get it from Crutchfield, for an extra $15 or so you can add a dash adapter (fits perfect no cutting) and wiring adapter (again no cutting). You've got the rest of the D not stock, seems odd you're clinging on to the OEM radio.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Kensai
Champion

yeah. The 2001 durangos have a newly redesigned 2nd gen interior dash. The radio is no longer the big rectangle deck.

My radio is running fine at the moment with the annoyance of randomly having no display.

No more budget for my R/T as I am saving my last penny for a Hellcat. Drove my Durango for 14 years will try to keep it for another 14. My midlife crisis is upon me and I got a splurge to want a hellcat as my next new vehicle.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:36 PM
that_guy
Champion

If you have any pull a parts around you, radios aren't too expensive there.

Quick Reply: No display on OEM radio