1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ABS Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Alcoa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Sensor

Hey folks,
Just replaced my Vehicle Speed Sensor locate midway on the tranny and the ABS Speed Sensor located at the top of the rear differential because my speedo doesn't work and my ABS light is illuminated on my instrument cluster panel. Plus the Airbag and Brake and the Check Engine light are illuminated. Drove the vehicle around the block and everything is still the same. Checked the code before doing the work and it read P0500. Don't know what to do next. Anybody that can give some direction as to what to do next would be appreciated. It a 2002 Durango 5.9L R/T. 1st Generation. Thank you.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:56 AM
ToxcBny
Default Erase Codes?

Did you erase the codes after replacing the ABS Sensor?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:34 PM
Alcoa

Yes, I erased the code as per hydrashocker's instructions. One note, in addition to the observations made in my original post the tranny started shifting at a higher engine rpm but when the Check Engine light came on it started shifting normally. Back to the erasing of the code the only thing that changed is the Check Engine light is gone but the tranny went back to shifting at a higher engine rpm. Update...Check Engine light back on and tranny is shifting normally. Don't get it. Very frustrating .

Quick Reply: ABS Sensor