1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Upper Control Arm Nuts - Alignment Shop??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 10:33 AM
NCDurango
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper Control Arm Nuts - Alignment Shop??

I put all new suspension parts under the front of my Durango (UCA, LCA, Shocks, Sway bar bushings, '03 spindles, Hub assemblies, Calipers, pads). I took it to the alignment shop and they did a lousy job, it pulled to the right and eventually developed a thunk when hitting bumps. it turns out that the nut on the upper control arm was loose. i took it back, complained, and they did another alignment but said that the nuts holding the upper control arm to the chassis need to be replaced because once they are taken off, they need to be replaced. is this BS?

Old 10-13-2015, 03:02 PM
37fleetwood
Amateur

.................................................. ..................................

Last edited by 37fleetwood; 12-18-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:20 PM
NCDurango
Rookie

I agree with the axle nuts, one time use. But, i am referring to the 2 nuts that hold the upper control arm onto the chassis. These are the nuts that must be loosened to perform an alignment. Each stud on the control arm goes through a slot on the chassis and can be moved in or out for camber/caster adjustment. I find it hard to believe that the hardware used for an alignment is one time use, if that was the case everytime the truck was aligned, i would need new nuts.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:38 PM
agaddy

Those nuts are not used in the alignment process . If they had splines right beneath the head when you tighten then down they crush in which creates a really tight fit so once they are removed yes they will back out eventually. Basically the same as using loc tite

Quick Reply: Upper Control Arm Nuts - Alignment Shop??