1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Front wheel ABS sensor wire??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 02:26 PM
msroka
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front wheel ABS sensor wire??

Got a weird problem. I have a 1999 Durango 5.9 SLT. I havent driven the vehicle in some time, but have been recently. Had to do a front end brake job and while I had the front driver side wheel off I noticed that the ABS sensor wire had been snipped off. I thought guess I'd better replace that. I've been getting intermittent ABS warnings every so often but they would go away, strange right. So I order the new sensor pull the old one out run the wire to where I think they should go and...no corresponding wire to plug it in to?!?!?. It's got 4W ABS. Did someone snip it off last time I had work done on it? WTF?
I've looked all over the wheel well, in the engine compartment. NO idea where this wire could be or where it goes. Anyone got a picture or something where I can narrow my search down? I don't know why this is missing. No pictures on the internet that I can find. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Bmitch
Default From Mitchell OnDemand

Old 06-30-2016, 11:32 AM
msroka

Thanks bmitch, but what I'm looking for is more along the lines of some idea of where the wire is within the engine compartment. I run the new sensor wire from the knuckle over to the frame, but there's no receiving wire there. I figured there'd be dangling wire around somewhere in the wheel well or engine compartment to plug the sensor into but nothing there. I've looked all over but without some point of reference I'm just lost. I was hoping for a picture of the connector wire and maybe the wire bundle it leads into maybe so I can see if its been snipped off as well.

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2016, 12:39 PM
Bmitch

Not showing the location of the connector in my program. Found this video:
May have to look in the wire harness for the wires and follow them.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:52 AM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

It goes to the Antilock Brake Controller under the hood by the hood hinge on the driver side.

Quick Reply: Front wheel ABS sensor wire??