1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

CTM/ security system issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 08:21 PM
Patriot02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTM/ security system issue?

Hey guys, quick question....I have a 2002 dodge durango SLT fully loaded. I noticed that when I lock the doors the alarm doesn't always engage. The doors will lock but the horn and lights won't flash. The battery also goes dead over night. Today I was working on the truck and when I locked the doors the horn beeped and it seemed to work ...any help is appreciated thanks guys!

Old 07-17-2016, 08:56 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The CTM is failing. Get your hands on one before it locks up and you can't start it or disarm it.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:05 PM
Patriot02

Originally Posted by TNtech
The CTM is failing. Get your hands on one before it locks up and you can't start it or disarm it.
thanks for the reply that's kind of what I figured, when I install the new one I have to re program through the dealer correct? Thanks!

Old 07-17-2016, 10:18 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I swapped my CTM 4 days ago. The truck will run fine after the swap, and the chip keys will work. You only need the dealer's DRB3 tool to get the key fobs working. I was told by my dealer that some models of CTM have a PROM on the back with fob info that has to me moved to the new CTM. Other models have the PROM elsewhere under the dash, meaning nothing for you to swap other than the CTM. My truck had CTM P/N 56045453AG, which did not require a PROM swap. Dealer was able to pgm my two FOBs easily.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:58 PM
Patriot02

Originally Posted by JeeperDon
I swapped my CTM 4 days ago. The truck will run fine after the swap, and the chip keys will work. You only need the dealer's DRB3 tool to get the key fobs working. I was told by my dealer that some models of CTM have a PROM on the back with fob info that has to me moved to the new CTM. Other models have the PROM elsewhere under the dash, meaning nothing for you to swap other than the CTM. My truck had CTM P/N 56045453AG, which did not require a PROM swap. Dealer was able to pgm my two FOBs easily.
Jeeperdon thanks dude I appreciate it!

Quick Reply: CTM/ security system issue?