1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Giving up and shooting it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 06:39 PM
durangotango98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Giving up and shooting it!

I have reached my limit and there's no light at the end of the tunnel. What started as a simple task of replacing the intake manifold. Now has become a ghoulish nightmare which has no end. After intake replaced oil pressure sensor blew out and caused multiple quarts of oil to be blown all over inside engine compartment. After the oil spray out problem was solved I parked the truck to degrease the engine compartment, undercarriage and back window tailgate. Somehow water got in to the PCM and engine wiring harness shorted and melted down a lot of the engine wiring harness wires. I have replaced the wiring harness with a new one and got a PCM for my vehicle Now it won't even crank the starter, prior to that wiring replacement' The engine cranked but no spark. All sensors were also replaced. Now it won't crank the starter at all from the ignition switch which is also new now and still nothing. When hooked up to trouble code reader it threw 2 codes P 1698 and 1491. No CCD Message From TCM and open or short circuit on fan relay. I don't have electric cooling fan in my truck so really lost on that one. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 08-23-2016, 07:30 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

When you replaced the harness did you check the wires going to the distribution center? The pcm controls some of the relays in there. May want to check the relays also. There is one for the starter too.

Quick Reply: Giving up and shooting it!