1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Transmission issues 01 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 09:51 AM
Danimalbadger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission issues 01 Durango

This has probably already been covered but I'm having transmission trouble with my 01 Durango. It comes and goes though. I may not have any issues for a week or more but then I can stop at a red light and when pull out I find that it hasn't down shifted. When this happens I lose 1st gear and OD. Sometimes it'll correct itself after I shut it off and sometimes it'll last for a few days. I had a diagnostic done at Advance and it's showing I have a bad solenoid but I'm hoping that, since the problem comes and goes, maybe it's something else. Any ideas? It's got the 4.7 and it is 4WD

Last edited by Danimalbadger; 10-25-2016 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Left out some info
Old 10-31-2016, 08:14 PM
Rock1809

I Started out of nowhere. Wouldn't level the rpms out when I got up to speed. Drove it for a day an it kicked my OD tow hauling bottom on randomly. Check engine light came on shortly after. Hooked it up the the computer and it said the speed sensor on the trany and the tps sensor. Swapt those out and it's still having the same problem when I get up to speed.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:26 PM
wsreay
Default 03 Durango bad tranny?

My 03 Durango seems to be having some shifting issues... it shifts very hard into reverse, and in forward gears it revs really high before shifting, and feels like it's slipping. I've checked the tranny fluid and it's pink with no burnt smell at all... Help please, it doesn't want to accelerate over 60-70km, and really, I'm afraid to drive it anywhere!

Old 11-18-2016, 05:11 PM
wsreay

Originally Posted by wsreay
My 03 Durango seems to be having some shifting issues... it shifts very hard into reverse, and in forward gears it revs really high before shifting, and feels like it's slipping. I've checked the tranny fluid and it's pink with no burnt smell at all... Help please, it doesn't want to accelerate over 60-70km, and really, I'm afraid to drive it anywhere!
I should add that the only error codes I'm getting are for the evap system... P0440,P0442 and P0456. Nothing about the transmission, linkage...