1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

No crank no start after rookie attempts heater core removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Karx
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No crank no start after rookie attempts heater core removal

coolant was coming through the vents and so I set out to remove the heater core, got the dashboard about 90% off but after reading more online i realized i should probably get the A/C system drained professionally, proceeded to put the dashboard back on and then when i thought i had it all on and hooked back up no crank no start!

There is a one week old battery in the car and all the lights and everything electrical works fine, but the one funny thing is that the radio has power (will display the time) but will not play music!

I vaguely remember unscrewing a ground wire from the back of the radio and i see a thread where a screw would fit but now i have the dashboard almost disconnected again and i dont see any loose ground wires! help plz!

Old 01-13-2017, 08:17 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The ends of the dash frame where they bolt to the body are MAJOR grounds points.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:33 PM
Karx
Amateur

Originally Posted by TNtech
The ends of the dash frame where they bolt to the body are MAJOR grounds points.
Roger that! any thoughts about the radio displaying the time but not playing music?

Old 01-13-2017, 08:36 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Karx
Roger that! any thoughts about the radio displaying the time but not playing music?
It shouldn't be on all the time. Those factory radios are flakey anyway. Who knows.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:53 PM
Karx
Amateur

Originally Posted by TNtech
It shouldn't be on all the time. Those factory radios are flakey anyway. Who knows.
its not on all the time, it comes on for about 5 seconds when i push the round volume button in

Old 01-20-2017, 12:43 AM
Karx
Amateur

quick update: It was the instrument cluster that wasnt plugged in all the way, there was also some corrosion on the battery connection which i switched out and now the car is running again! ty guys for the help. tomorrow its off to the shop to get the freon drained and then i am going to tackle this heater core job