1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

broken vacuum line causing spike in RPM??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 11:35 PM
Karx
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken vacuum line causing spike in RPM??

Hey so i changed my heater core awhile ago and broke the plastic vacuum line when i was taking out the hvac box and it has been like this for a few weeks now with no problems, however today when i was driving the rpms spiked and are stuck like that now so everytime i change gears or put the car in park it lurches into gear/is just stuck at 3000 rpms.

do you guys think there is a connection and if so any tips/tricks/info on the subject would be much appreciated!

Old 02-19-2017, 07:51 AM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well an easy way to tell is to start it and cover the vacuum line with your finger and see what changes. I wouldn't think you would have a change that drastic. Check that your throttle cable isn't ran incorrectly at the throttle body

Old 02-20-2017, 03:27 AM
Karx
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pspklutch
Well an easy way to tell is to start it and cover the vacuum line with your finger and see what changes. I wouldn't think you would have a change that drastic. Check that your throttle cable isn't ran incorrectly at the throttle body
Hey thank you for the response! Get ready to laugh, when i was changing the heater core i removed the air intake box and put a paper towel in the slot to prevent anything from falling down there...well i forgot to take that paper towel out and when we found and removed that paper towel things went back to normal and r a ok now! Although my check gauges light keeps coming on and off kinda randomly. Whenever i change the oil it stops doing that for about a month or so. Thx again!!!!

Old 02-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm glad to hear you got it figured out!

One time I took my throttle cable off and had it routed wrong at the throttle body and it did exactly what yours did