1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2002 durango 5.9 wont start, sounds like misfiring.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 01:08 AM
Backyardmech91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 durango 5.9 wont start, sounds like misfiring.

Hey guys, im new to this.
First off, i bought a 2002 dodge durango with 210.000km. It had issues as to why I got it for pennies. I just finished replacing nearly every cooling aspect of the vehicle, and as of today, just replaced both head gaskets, intake plenum gaskets, exhaust gaskets and valve covers. Wired everything back up to stock and dont seem to be missing anything. (Of course i most likely am...) so the battery is dead, i tried to jump start it to test fire the durango today, so i jumped it off of my jeep that has an optima red top. When i tried to start the durango it almost sounded like a misfire, with a pop coming from the engine bay. I tried a few times with the same result each time. It cranks but no start. I also had no interior lights at this time. I checked all of my spark plug leads to the distributor and all seem to be properly installed and in order, i tried to check the CEL codes but it wouldnt give me anything at all, not even the DONE symbol. If anyone has any ideas, even stupid little "did you check....?" Questions. Anything would help. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:50 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Might be worth changing the plugs and wires, and double checking the order in the process. Make sure you're getting fuel too.