1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Transmission HELP PLZ!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 12:54 AM
outlinegraphics
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission HELP PLZ!

I have a 2001 Dodge Durango. I've never EVER had a lick of trouble from the transmission then all of the sudden
a couple days ago, as you're coming to a stop... it feels like someone rearends you! The first time it happened I
almost put it in park and got out but then realized nobody was behind me! DOH!

At any rate, it tends to happen as you're slowing to a stop and it's even happened when I was completely stopped!
Low and behold, today the check engine light comes on. It's displaying the following codes...

p1728, p1775, p1784

Any thoughts? Someone mentioned a bolt in solenoid that controls the clutch something or other when you slow down.
It has enough fluid in it and the vehicle only has about 66K miles on it. It's been babied too! I don't understand it!

Anyhelp would be appreciated more than you will know. I'm almost afraid to take it in and be bamboozled into a new
tranny when I might not need one, so I'm trying to see if there's a few things I can do to see if I can fix it before taking
it in! And this is my wife's car and she's pregnant and the last thing I need is her getting stranded somewhere!

Thanks in advance!
Steve

Old 07-02-2006, 09:25 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Transmission HELP PLZ!

Sounds like it is dropping into first but hard. No fix tho right now.

Quick Reply: Transmission HELP PLZ!