Nothing but problems.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 02:42 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Nothing but problems.

Well here is a story for you guys to look out for:

I had 10,000 miles on my trany when I started getting 2nd gear starts. Also if I was in 2nd gear taking it slow I could get all the way up to 2400 RPM’s and hold there with out going into 3rd. The only way I could get it to go into third was to give it more gas.

Took it to Entranz in S.L.C. where I had the build done and it was still under warranty, and they told me they didn’t know what the problem was but they would do some digging. Well after I paid another $135 for new pressure solenoids, waited 10 days, and still no fix. I took it back. This time they had it for 3 ½ weeks. They drove it and put 500 miles on it (Yes I got pics of it not being in the shop.) And wasted a full tank of gas =$68 I was pissed! They told me that 2nd gear band was burned out and rebuilt the trans again! Well got it back (Finally) and not even 30 miles and back to 2nd gear starts but it through a code.[sm=icon_flaming.gif] (Getting real pissed of now!) I took it back again and they told me that it gave them a charging system code.[sm=bs.gif][sm=icon_rtfm.gif]

I drove away pissed off! Called the next morning (Friday) and asked it they could look at it. They told me no! I drove my unhappy a** down there and they wouldn’t look at it. By now I could kill this #@!^#(@#*$ of a person! I took it to a shop I knew would know the problem. I told him only the truck and the code P1757 and he knew the problem instantly. He told me they did a sh*ty job and asked if he could it look at. Well of corse.

He checked it out and found:

1. No dust cover on Bell Housing.
2. Original Torque Converter.
3. No plug on top of Transfer Case. (Leaking)
4. Medal fragments throughout Trany.
5. Burned band smell and look.
6. My Transgo shift kit removed.
7. Trans was slipping.
8. Leaking Trany fluid.
9. Bands out of adjustment.
10. Rear main oil leak.

Remember this rebuild only had 70 miles on it. Also I found a screwdriver hole in my CV boot on the drivers side so it leaks now!

Well NOW I’m doing it right!

1. New trans.
2. Upgraded oversized Torque Converter.
3. Upgraded and fully tweaked valve body with Transgo & modified shift kit.
4. Beefed friction plates and clutches.

In other words one bad a** machine that wont take any SH*T! He’s fixing everything and writing down all of his findings including trans break down. Time to SUE the crap out of those A**holes! $2400 out the door but that’s ok I’ll take and send Entranz the bill with a court hearing! I got all the stuff I need including all oil receipts showing all leaks and findings over the 12 months I’ve been fighting with Entranz! I’ll get my truck back Tuesday morning and I’m guaranteed to be 1000% happy and have a ruthless non stock machine built for pulling, wheeling, and enough power to handle up to 550 HP! So put on your boxing gloves and
LETS GET IT ON![sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 08-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Nothing but problems.

Seems like they never actually rebuilt it. Just cleaned up the casing to make it look like new. I dread stories like that. I pretty much went thru all the same dead ringer dealers and private shops with my poor ole 85 Shelby Charger. I have warranty and out of warranty receipts that I have kept since I bought the car. to fill a 3 inch ring binder! Sad to say, I finally sold my car in 2001, breaking my 20 year promise to keep the car for that long. That car went thru hell and back with shady dealers and scandalous private shops. But thru it all, it finally starting working and running like a new car. But unfortunately the tranny gave out on me for the 2nd time and this time, the tranny could not be rebuilt as the aluminmum housing is cracked. So I bought a used one from a junk yard and most likely it did not come from a shelby charger. The 3rd gear whine a little. But it was drivable and I sold it for $1900. A big loss on my part. Mechanically, the car is totally rebuilt or replaced except for tranmission that cause my demise of selling it. Body is in mint condition with fresh repaint. (damn near impossible to find all the original Shelby decals and pinstripings. took 4 months to find them all). Interior is in mind condition with exception of center console pad, the vinyl is split. I sold it to a collector and he was able to rebuild the tranny and remaining issues. At least I know my Shelby was going to a good home and someone to take over the torch to care for my car.

Now I have this Durango R/T. And with lessons learned from my Shelby, I only take my Durango to a "reputable" dealer to perform all the service work that I cannot handle on my own. I keep a maintenance logbook of all my dealings with my D so if and when the time comes to sell it, I will hand them the logbook to show proof that this D is well taken care of. I am willing to pay a reputable dealer to do my car right the first time. No such thing as paying cheap to get a quality job done right. Since then, My D is still running like new. Now to troubleshoot possible overheating problem before it gets out of hand.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Jpondo5.9
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a big post but now it seems you are ready for the supercharger with the new trany.. all you might have to look into is your more heavy duty rear end that can take that much more horse. I mean it was built for 240 horse not 400+ .....

Old 08-09-2006, 12:57 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That's true. I didn't think about the rear end. I am having the Transfer Case gone throgh as well. My new Torque Converter didn't come in untill yesterday so I should get it back today!

So far they found a leaking freeze plug on the back of the motor and fixed the rear main leak. Trany is in and just waiting for the Transfer Case and finish work. Hope I see it this morning.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:13 AM
1 bad durango
Professional

on the rear end the rear axle is good for about 400-450 hp at least i have had no problems with mine and i have driven with the more hp for more than 30,000 miles, i have 73,00 mile on the truck

Old 08-10-2006, 04:29 AM
Jpondo5.9
Professional

ORIGINAL: 1 bad durango

on the rear end the rear axle is good for about 400-450 hp at least i have had no problems with mine and i have driven with the more hp for more than 30,000 miles, i have 73,00 mile on the truck
you can drive on it fine.. but pulling a 5000 pound trailer... My gut tells me the stock rear end wont handle as well.. but then again my gut seems to hurt me a lot like after I eat a bunch of spicy indain curry and stuff.. and as well hydra has a rebuilt eng that is already pushing over 300+ horse with the supercharger I beght he would be high 400 to 500 range...
[sm=angrymail.gif]

Quick Reply: Nothing but problems.