1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango Blower Switch

Old 03-20-2006, 11:31 PM
willys_durangotang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Durango Blower Switch

hey all im new here. my blower went out in my durango a couple of days ago, only high worked. read your info from here and it was the resistor. i would have never found it either, and you right, does not look the same, i even questioned the dealer! around 9 bucks and 15 minutes, everything works like a champ!!! thanks.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a lot of people had this problem so I will just bump it right back up.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:07 AM
blspear

I cannot thank you enough for this information. I have a 2002 Durango. I was on my way home from the store and the blower went out. I called the dealership and they had the part in stock. It took me about 15 minutes to install and it is working perfectly now. Thanks again for the help!

Old 10-07-2006, 02:20 PM
bozzmat

What's up people,
I'm on my second run in with this prob. First time was about 25,000 and now no heater again at 50,000. first time was done under warranty. This time I took it in the day before i went on vacation hoping they would fix it so i would have A/C. They told me the blower motor was also shorted out because of the resistor failing and they had to order one. They say the damage is about 335.00. I didn't take it back to them because i want to check the motor for myself. Does this sound right? Thanks to all in here for any info.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:42 AM
gtrippleb

When I first encountered the problem I thought it was the motor that had went bad so I went to checker I think it was and picked up a motor for around $45 at the time, not sure what it is now. I replaced the motor, as it's in the same general area as the resistor, but that didn't fix my problem. Sure was mad sitting out in the ND winter with two portable heaters in the back so I could have some heat while I replaced the motor when it wasn't the motor that was bad. So I did some research and found that it was most likely the resistor and changed it out. Sure enough the resistor was the problem. If the blower motor is bad, on an 01, it's fairly easy to replace. I would think you would be able to replace it yourself without to much of a problem for less than 335.00. If the motor is bad though, then most likely it can cause the resistor to continue to go bad.

On another note, I'm glad I could help those in replacing their resistor. When I created the page, I never knew that it was, or going to be, that common of a problem.

Thanks,
Greg
www.gtrippleb.com

Old 10-18-2006, 03:05 PM
ONEENVY

best post ever! mine just went out the other night coming home from dinner. Just my luck too, it was pouring rain! So I had to drive home with the windows cracked to keep the d from fogging up.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welp, don't forget you still have the rear blower that you can still use with the A/C settings to dehumidify your Durango even tho your front blower is out of order.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:21 PM
cableguy1224
Veteran

is there two to replace if you have the one uptop in back also?

Old 12-11-2006, 03:48 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never heard of a second one but it may be a possibilty.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 PM
hippychic

Ok now I have a second question. I had posted one about my rear heat not working (would blow cold when heat was on) - now the rear is not blowing at all. Is this blower switch for the front and rear? If not how do we fix the rear heat/blower?

[sm=headbang.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Durango Blower Switch