1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango Blower Switch

Old 12-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Durango Blower Switch

Maybe it's your resistor pack which is in an announcement at the top and I'm thinking your heater lines may be plugged up or something like that for the rear heat?

Old 12-12-2006, 12:26 PM
cableguy1224
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called the stealership today and they told me the one in the front ALSO controls the back, SO I bought one today and will install it tonight
took me 10 mins MAX, I did one in my 2001 dakota and it was easy, just those Damn screws are hard to get access too

UPDATE
Cost was $15.00 out the door today incase anyone wanted to know
Im pretty sure that is the cheepist part you can buy at the dealer!! LOL
I installed it tonight on my 2003 durango and it was way eaiser then the 01 dakota, the screws
were in a perfect spot UNLIKE the 01 dakota

Have a good XMAS all!!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 04:18 AM
worldpeace

Can anyone help me on this problem?
My heater only blows heat on vent (face) not by the feet or winshield, my mechanic said it would coast me around 500 $ to remove the dash and fix the problem which he wasn't sure if he could do so i tried taking off the dash myself and i don't think i know what im doing so im stuck in the middle of it and don't know where exactly isthe problem or what my next step is so i'll probably put everything back and wait till someone hopefully replies to my message because it ain't easy drivin in michigan in middle of february with heat on your face ann freezing feet and windshield

Old 07-05-2007, 03:56 PM
zeus1901

Awesome! An $11 part and about 30 min of work fixed my problem.2001 Durango Sport, AC level 1 went out, about 3 months later level 2 went out, 2 weeks later level 3 went out and all we had was high. The link below is perfect for explaining the replacement for the Blower Motor Resistor. The only pain was unscrewing/screwing-in the back screw as its at a difficult angle.

ORIGINAL: mgarrettjr

Try this site everything you need to know to replace the blower motor resistor with pictures.

http://www.gtrippleb.com/auto/durang...r_resistor.htm

Old 07-24-2007, 04:51 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

I just replaced mine today, had the same symptoms. My Service Adviser, gave me sort of an FYI, as to why it always goes to high when the resistor fails, basically since the variable resistance on the lower speeds are 0 it defaults to the highest setting, I guess to make sure that you at least have windshield defrost and a fan to keep ice, moisture from building up and allow you some inside heat to get home. Sounds fairly Reasonable, He also advised that if it goes out again there may be a bigger problem possibly the blower motor, but if it is going to faill it will probably go within a couple of weeks. Also for 2003, the Part Number and design changed slightly, more behind the wiring, so you wont notice anything different, the connector is the same. Local dealer Cost, Indianapolis,, IN area $15.04 (including 6% tax.) Approx10-15 minutes to remove/replace, and ops check. I am sure gladI dug into this forum andpost a little bit moreand found that.My Girlfriend hada Chevy Venturesame problem, cost her about $200 for the motor alone.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:37 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't worry about the motor going out in connection with the resistor. Many a resistor have been replaced, but only a few motors. While it seems that they would be connected, they are not really/most of the time.

Lesson learned, service advisors at our Indianapolis stealers usually are A) wrong B) out ot take more of your money and C) if at Westgate certainly WILL take more of your money.

IndyD

Old 08-13-2007, 11:52 PM
danab242
Amateur

2001 Dodge Durango ( I love this car)
I too had the problem with the front blower stop working only the back blower was working .. I took your advise and remove the blower resistor and replaced it .. It works much better than before i was not getting to much air before. now it comes out full force... I want to thank you for the pictures where to find and remove that part.. It took me around a hour to put the screws back in not too bad for a female around 52 years old...I live in California and you know how we need are A/C..

Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 AM
danab242
Amateur
Default RE: Squeaking when going over bumps

My 2001 Dodge Durango started to really sqeak when ever i go over bumps..I was told that they couldn't lube the joints because they are sealed ...Any help will be weclomed I don't trust the dealers they want a couple of hundreds of dollars just to tell me what the problem might be Any help out there?[&o]

Old 08-14-2007, 12:07 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dana... congrats on the repair!!

I'm impressed [8D]

IndyD

Old 08-14-2007, 01:31 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dana chances are the squeak over bumps is from the sway bar. That is normally the culprit. There is a write up on how the change the bushings out in the DIY section for a Dakota, our process is exactly the same.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Durango Blower Switch