1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Keys, Shackles, Bumper??? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Tankmonkey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keys, Shackles, Bumper??? HELP!

Well here I am again needing your help!!! I am thinking about getting a set of torsion keys for my D. So I need to know, are they worth getting or should I just crank my torsion bars? Does anyone know anybody who has used a set of Tera Revolver Shackles for the rear of a D? One more question, is Kennesaw Mountain the only maker of a decent of road bumper? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Keys, Shackles, Bumper??? HELP!

Generally people just pass on the torsion keys and just crank 8 full, many people have the t/s and no complaints. As for the rear shackles, other than belltech 6400 (cheby lowering shackles) i dont know. 99% of t/s are belltech so for tera im not sure. I have seen a few aftermarket bumpers here and there, but mostly one off.
Three potential insurance claims saved, no damage at all, I love my Kennesaw...
Name:  IMG_0060.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  106.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0061.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  163.7 KB

Old 04-15-2008, 06:29 PM
deerang
All Star

three incidents eh? care to tell what they were?

Old 04-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Tankmonkey

No doubt the Kennesaw is AWSOME................my wife thinks it's ugly, they just don't understand.
I have inquired with a couple of company's on E-Bay about getting keys's and shackles from them, none of them have replied to me [:@] That pisses me off!! So I have decided to crank my bars and buy shackles. My NEW problem is where to buy the shackles, I can't seem to find a company who will allow me to pay with my visa and pick them on the U.S. side ( I live near the border) the brokerage fee's to have sent across the border to my home are INSANE!!! Any info is appreciated, thanks again guys.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: deerang

three incidents eh? care to tell what they were?
1- Comming into work one 6am morning, turning to pull into my parking spot rather quickly my right tire caught a disguised 2x4, the tire hopped and then the "Oh Shyt" re-action.... The hopping caused my pedal to pulsate(abs) and lets just say thankfully its a concrete building and not something else. I hit hard, real hard anddidnt wantto see what the damage was... A little paint chip on the bumper( When i say little i mean tiny, i have the bumper coated with bedcoating) and the concrete had a little scuff.

2- Genious i am... I dont get too much time in the winter season to play on the snowy roads that much being a snow plow driver so one cold night there was nothing to do so i planned on going to the local park and getting some snow time in with the d. (The parking for the park is all dirt no asphalt etc and the snow was deep enough not to ruin anything) Bout a half an hour goes by loving the tires and fun i decided to blow through some piles, everything just kept getting better. Then came the pile i'll never forget, it was hugeee and sure looked like a great run... By the time i noticed that it was a pile from two previous weeks agoits was already too late. The pile was a ice solid rock... The bumper cut nicely into the first foot but when It made it half way up the steering wheel jammed my ribs as she finally stopped..

3- I was brakechecked.... It didnt look pretty, and although it was my fault and i admited "following to closely" the report had nothing. Never put anything of value into a honda accord or it will be in your lap in an accident.

Quick Reply: Keys, Shackles, Bumper??? HELP!