1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM
jennifer_janicek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

1999 Durango that refuses to shift into 1st, 2nd, and 3rd unless you floor the gas. Then the whole truck lurches forward hard and shifts without any other problems. When it starts to shift you can feel it trying then finally catches. Took it to the shop and they could not feel the shift. Only happens when first started and for the first 10 mins. until the engine is going good. Any suggestions on causes. Tranny fluid is fresh.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:15 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help!!!

Check the fluid level.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:47 PM
SinCity R/T
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar problem with a rebuilt transmission - when I sent it back for service they claimed that the insides seemed cooked, like the trans fluid lines had gotten clogged up a bit. The truck would absolutely crawl until pressures built up for the 1st shift, then once the tranny got past the 1st or 2nd shift and warmed up it would operate fine - once I'd stop for awhile it would start all over again.

A shop should be able to check whether the transmission fluid is circulating properly. Beyond that, you may be in for a valve body replacement or total transmission repair/rebuild.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your governor actuators.