1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

My Dashboard/Transmission are Acting Weird

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:13 PM
tree4300
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Dashboard/Transmission are Acting Weird

Recently, I have been having problems with my '96 intrepid's Dashboard. Sometimes when I turn the car on, none of the instruments on the dashboard work at all. Nothing turns on except the engine. I normally shift the car, put it in reverse, put it in to drive and start driving it and then everything will suddenly kick on and the instrument panel will work again. When it turns on late like that, the "air bag" light turns on with the rest of the dashboard and stays on until you turn the car off and back on again.The carstarts uplike this onlypart of the time.Also, if I start driving it down the road when the dashboard is not working, the transmission will not work -- the car stays in either first or second gear and Ican only go about 25-30 mph. When the dashboard turns on, the transmission works just like normal. You can feel it kick in when you are driving. Right now, I am at the point where the dashboard just doesn't want to work any more and I can only drive about 25-30 mph. Usually it kicks in after about a minute, but it hasn't worked right for about 2 days now. If anybody has any ideas or experiences with this, please let me know. I would really appreciate any feedback.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:58 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: My Dashboard/Transmission are Acting Weird

Ck all the ground wires on the frame rail on the front end.

Quick Reply: My Dashboard/Transmission are Acting Weird