1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

97' Hazards keep going off on their own!!

Old 04-28-2007, 07:20 PM
LNintrepid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97' Hazards keep going off on their own!!

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. A few weeks ago the lights in my 97 Dodge Intrepid stopped working. The high beams worked, but only if you held the switch while driving, it wouldn't "click" into place to keep them on. Those were the ONLY lights that I had that worked. The rest wouldn't even work. At first we thought it was the combination switch over on the left, but after trying to replace that, nothing worked still.

So, we deducted it was the turn signal wiper combination switch lever. We plunked down $100 for one and removed the shroud from around the steering column. We replaced the switch. ALL my lights worked great. A day later the hazard lights went off while my car was turned off. I went to my card and pushed the button down, only to have the hazards go off again while my car was off. For the next week they would go off at different times of the day. Eventually we had to tape the button down for a quick fix. We retook off the shroud and left it off, and that way I could unplug the wires during the day when it wasn't being driven (so that the lights couldn't go on).

The other day we exchanged the entire turn signal wiper combination switch lever again at the store. This time it seemed to work fine. Now it has been a couple of days later and low and behold the hazards just went off on my car (and yes, it is off). I went down and pushed the button in and then a little while later it happened again! Luckily we still had the shroud off from around the steering column, so I unplugged the wires again.

Could it just be a bad batch of combination switch levers? Should I look for a used one somewhere? ANY help anyone can give would be much appreciated! THANKS!!

Old 04-29-2007, 07:48 AM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 97' Hazards keep going off on their own!!

I'd complain and get another multi function switch with a discount for your time and gas.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 97' Hazards keep going off on their own!!