1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

Body control module??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:07 AM
ralphael101
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body control module??

Any one know how important these are? What do they actually control? Do they have anything to do with the radio and speakers? I read that they help alot of the electrical, but it wasn't to specific(haynes manual). Even the wiring diagrams weren't to helpful. Any info is helpful to me. Thank you in advance.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:25 AM
22dodge
Banned

The BCM is crucial to a lot of electrical things like the instrument cluster, power locks, remote keyless entry, theft alarm, lights, horn, wipers, panel lamps, etc

now, based on your question, it seems you have a radio problem. what is the problem? That way we can get to the root of the situation and not waste time talking about irrelevant areas

Old 10-03-2009, 03:25 AM
ralphael101
Rookie

I do have a radio problem. I had a post about that also. I think I found the problem with that. There is an amplifier tucked in the rear drivers side quarter panel. I havent replaced it yet. I was questioning the bcm because of the no start situation I had a couple of weeks ago. I never did find out what caused my main ignition wire at the ignition module to burn up and zap my computer. I'm just curious like that. The car is running very good again, but I won't be taking it on any long trips just yet. The bcm is something new to this mechanic. I never heard of it before. The more I learn, the better. I like to figure things out. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment

Quick Reply: Body control module??