1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

Transmission Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Gusset
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Control Module

Can someone please tell me where the Transmission Control Module is located on my 1994 Eagle Vision TSi (3.5)? I'm trying to trace some wiring, but my Chilton's manual doesn't tell me where the TCM plug is.

Thanks!

Old 10-04-2009, 08:54 PM
shelbydaytona
Banned

why do you need that? r u changing it? if so why? its in the lf corner of the engine compartment check around battery area it is a silver square box 5"x5"x1.5" 60 pin connector. u can even use a minivan tcm

Old 10-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Gusset

Thanks.

In answer to your question, I'm re-wiring the Crankshaft and Camshaft Position Sensors, and they have a line running to the TCM. Changing the sensors has not resolved the intermittent loss of signal (happens once every few days of driving or so), and neither has changing out the PCM. So on the chance that there's a portion of the wiring that's occasionally shorting to ground and causing the symptom, I'm running fresh wiring. I've already re-wired the lines running to the PCM and between the two sensors, with no change...car still runs fine usually, with occasional stalling or jerking every few days, and a CPS code.

That leaves the TCM line. Once I've rewired that line, the entire circuit for these two sensors will have been replaced. If my problem still persists, I suppose it will be time to either think about digging my way to the cam sprocket itself, or junkyard the car.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:36 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Gusset
Before you start tracing wires, you may would to try something else. I just had a powler with the same codes. after spending a 1/2 day on the car, found out the sprocket that bolt to the left cam shaft snap off the welds. Causing the car to run poor and hard starting. The way i found it was removing the timing belt covers.

Quick Reply: Transmission Control Module