95 intrepid speedo issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Ram96360
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 intrepid speedo issue

Hello all

I recently bought a 95 intrepid froma friend of mine . the 3.3L in it has 221K miles on the clock, runs and drives great , only issue is the Speedo is Inop. the Odometer still works, the speedo needle is at the bottom of the speedo . when you turn on the key it moves up to the little peg on the cluster and just sits there. thinking it was the speed sensor I replaced it but didnt help. no other issues with the car , trans shifts like smooth butter, any ideas on what is up with my speedo ??

Old 12-20-2016, 09:22 AM
Coleton Poole
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix

Since the odometer is workerin and speedo needle jumps a bit the speedo is fine due to using same motor. Take out the cluster, have to remove side fuse cover and headlight switch as well as middle vents, not a hard job. Then remove cluster screws. Quick fix, literally hold cluster in your hand and rotate the whole cluster slowly until speedo needle is sitting on the rest point instead of behind it. Permanent fix, disassemble cluster and use something to keep needle from going behind rest point. I would just put a small glob of hot glue at about 3/4 speedometer

Quick Reply: 95 intrepid speedo issue