1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

1995 Eagle Vision 3.5 TSI

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 AM
theintrepid1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Eagle Vision 3.5 TSI

I have a question for all u mechanically inclined individuals... I've just recently gone through heck with my Car. But the problem i'm having should have been easy to fix...so I thought. I have this pulsing/surging when I'm going a constant speed. I replaced the tranny cause it died a couple months back. It did it before I made the switch and after. I just replaced the fuel filter...buuuuut, on the fuel rail while releasing the fuel pressure, I think I may have got the pin stuck inside while using a flat head screw driver to release it. But, may not be anything. To scared to take the cap back off! Anyways, Before I changed my fuel filter today, it was stalling. Immediately AFTER i let off the gas. After I changed the fuel filter, I don't stall...but it gets close. And the car still surges at a constant speed. I checked everything out and their isn't any gas leaks. When i'm going like a constant 25 and I let off the gas, it seems like the rpms dip way down past 1k and then comes back up. It has to be fuel related. Thought it was the filter. now that I have gotten that outta the way, the only other things I can think of is that one of my oxy sensors is bad or the fuel pump is starting to die. I need some advice. I'm new to forums so feel free to offer any assistance.

I own a 1995 Eagle Vision 3.5 TSI. If you need any more info to help you help me...let me know! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by theintrepid1; 02-05-2010 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Craziness....sorry.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:27 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Default Fuel pressure

You can get a cheap gauge at an auto parts store. With it you can determine if it is pressure related. It's a starting point.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:09 AM
login1

I agree with Kurt that is where to start if you changed the filter and it improved.

How about the basics though. When was the last time the plugs were changed or gapped. How about plug wires?

Old 04-10-2010, 02:00 AM
theintrepid1

I forgot that I even had this posting up till I just looked for the exact same problem, just now I have replaced the fuel pump because that died. I actually think I may have a coil pack that has gone bad...Which is pretty much where ur advice is taking me. I will also prolly replace the plug wires and plugs just to be on the safe side. I will report back in the next week or so to let you know my progress. Thanks guys for the assistance!

Old 04-18-2014, 09:01 PM
holdokar

its been a while but is there an update to this string. My 95 vision is doing the same spuddering only when trying to accelerate. and seems to stop giving me problems after the engine light pops on. any ideas?? thanks in advance

Quick Reply: 1995 Eagle Vision 3.5 TSI