1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

1996 dodge intrepid electrical problem? Dash lights flash car shuts off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 03:36 AM
JBlake
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 dodge intrepid electrical problem? Dash lights flash car shuts off?

Hello all,
New member here. I am having an issue with my 1996 DODGE INTREPID.

Last year around this time my 1996 Dodge Intrepid starting having issues with the dashboard lights flashing, needles bouncing then car shut off.

What exactly happened was I was driving the car, I noticed all the dash lights flash, a few seconds later the needles started bouncing up and down along with the lights flashing and then all of the needles would drop to zero and a few seconds later the car would just stall out. I pulled over, restarted the car and drove home ok. Next day I started the car left in run for 10 minutes then the same thing happened. I replaced the battery 7 months ago and these problems went away. With the acception of one time it happened 3 months after I replaced battery and did not happen again.

Now the last few days it started to do the same thing all over again. I was driving and the battery light flashed quickly followed by all lights flashing and needles bouncing then all drop to zero and car stalled out a few seconds later. Pulled over and restarted car and made it home. Restarted the car, ran it for 15 minutes it was fine.

Next day I started the car in the morning ran it for 10 minutes, opened the car door and all the lights flashed and it stalled out again.

If anyone know what this is please help me know what to do.
I would just take it to a local mechanic but I have tried them all and every single one has drilled me dishonestly every time and I have no faith they would have the 1st clue with an electrical problem.

If I could afford a newer car I would but I currently cannot and I need this car to take care of my family.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply: 1996 dodge intrepid electrical problem? Dash lights flash car shuts off?