1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Just wanted an opinion on my new neon

Old 08-24-2007, 03:19 PM
teetdogs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wanted an opinion on my new neon

Just thought I would post some pics of mynewneon 1995 SOHC Highline, and the few things that have been done

The previous owner had a serious stereo in here (he won the car from the local car audio shop) as well as lots of convience stuff such as power door locks remote start and a killer alarm (well not good enough) he left the car at someones house and when he returned to get it the next day they took EVERYTHING and i do mean everything including the alarm and the power lock actuators they even tried to take the body kit in doing so the tried to cut out the wheel wells and managed to destroy the bumper brackets and tear the drivers side skirt pretty much completly off. I know alot of people around here aren't found of ricers and usually I agree but I happen to like the way this one looks. maybe just cause its mine

here is the day I bought it $1,000

Side shot

This was taken yesterday, Sans bumper, I am waiting on the new brackets and wheel wells and for some paint on it oh and putting some mesh in the open spots

This is just how it was when I bought it all I did was put a new air filter on it and clean it up, it was pretty frickin gross when I took delivery you could see the yellow if you squinted and stood on one leg

Here is one of the wheels they are Primax, not sure of the model. tracking down those center inserts was a pain in the a$$ as nobody in the area sells those wheels anymore.

This is a crappy shot of the inside

hereanother one.

Here is my single sub for now ( just happen to have this one sittin around) I will be going all out on the stereo that is for sure.

And the amp I had sittin around

Old 08-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: Just wanted an opinion on my new neon

Not too bad, just get rid of the warm air intake though.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:41 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like it....especially the rims...
damn....thats an old *** can of coke[&:]

Old 08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

i like it too looks good need some new paint in some areas

Old 08-25-2007, 08:49 PM
bone33
Record Breaker

looks good for the year. i bet you cant see **** at night with those headlight covers, i have the same issue with my 96 and have to drive with my highs on all the time.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:06 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/pdf/20...l/Cat08355.pdf

you should look into some micro mesh kits for your head lights.

that body kit lookes cool. ive never seen speakers install on the door like that, i have to remove the door panel to get to them.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:27 AM
teetdogs

Thanks for the replies, Its really not an old can of coke it was fresh when I took the pictures thats just the way they look up here I guess I am planning on ridding myself of the warm air intake and replacing it with an iceman or the 3.0 liter ghetto mod. I am actually in the process of getting the bumper ready to be painted, I'm finding that sanding frickin sucks and the more I sand the more I hate the person who painted it with a rattle can.
The headlights have to go as well not only do they suck for their intended purpose of lighting up the road, they just look weird. The door speakers are actually in the door but the grill is put on the outside just for a bit of a better look. I have a whole list of mods that I want to do to this car but I have to get them approved by the holder of my bank account (the wife).

Old 08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

nice looking car!!

i agree about the headlights.. as soon as i get some money im getting some off of modern cuz those look pretty cool.. i like the way your car looks..

what color you painting it???

Old 08-27-2007, 12:43 PM
teetdogs

I was plannin on painting it black but, I decided to keep it white since I dont want to have the door jams and things like that a different color than the rest of the car. I know its possible to paint all that stuff but that sure seems like alot more work for a new color.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just wanted an opinion on my new neon