Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Cool Neon Transmission Gear Ratio/Tire/RPM Chart

Old 03-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Professional
Garage is empty, add now

Default RE: Cool Neon Transmission Gear Ratio/Tire/RPM Chart

slash, ur a clown! haha. just having some fun with you, but seriously. you dont really think that my top speed is 118 do you? my comp. might limit me there, but whenever i put my mopar stage1 on, i proove your statement wronge. to top that off, i have the low gear ratio acr transaxle. dont believe everything stated on the internet. the world is the prooving grounds and I am that proof. Ive gotten the car up above the registering speed on my odometer, but thats not saying much.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Professional
Garage is empty, add now

is a SOHC to DOHC tranny swap easy ? like straight pull out put in lol?
Accel red plugwires
17" Enkei`s
Old 03-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via Yahoo to Slashwannabe

Quote:
ORIGINAL: jakedlee16

is a SOHC to DOHC tranny swap easy ? like straight pull out put in lol?

Yes its "plug and play" same transmission but different final drive gear ratios.

Trannyinstaller, WTF are you talking about?Das,Spud and everybody else knows 118mph is the cut off on all models of Neons(EXCEPT THE ACR and R/T there like 130mph), If you went above 118mphyou probably have bigger tires and its giving a false reading or were going down a hill, once you hit 118mph your car bucks and drops down due to the SPEED LIMITER. Just like the Cavalier guys who brag they go 115mph when their car is governed from the factory at 107mph.

I'm talking about a stock PCM if you haven't figured that out, most everybody has a stock PCM so why would I talk about the cut offs on those when I know they are removed? Also even with the stock PCM you can disconnect the speed sensor and go as fast as you want but with no speedometer so your on your own to figure out how fast you went via the Tire XRpm charts.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Record Breaker
Garage is empty, add now

i have a TOM TOM to figure out how fast im going

so if i have a SOHC trans on a DOHC is that bad?
98 MTX Highline, 2.4 Swap With :Mopar PCM, 2.5' Exhaust, Granatelli Plug Wires, F1 Clutch, 3.0 CAI, Atx Tb, 2.0 Cams, UDP, 24# Mustang injectors, Chikara Header,Solid Motor Mount Inserts ,Booger Bushings, PS/AC/Balance Shaft Removed,
2240 lbs

Old 03-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via Yahoo to Slashwannabe

Quote:
ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

i have a TOM TOM to figure out how fast im going

so if i have a SOHC trans on a DOHC is that bad?
You never believe me anyway but if you must know the SOHC trans certainly doesn't favor the DOHC's power band, hell it barely favors the SOHC.

Its not going to have the same accelleration that a DOHC would have with its native transmission thats for sure. After looking at the gear ratio chart a person could so kick *** with a stock SOHC if it had anyone of the DOHC's trannys manual or ATX with the nice lower gears for better launch.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:38 AM
Record Breaker
Garage is empty, add now

sweet so when i look into getting a transmission ill be sure to get the DOhc one .. so is our speed sensor the govener.. becuz i dont have a speed sensor firstly its all messed up on the inside of trans and i unhooked it because it always falls on its face when i put it in there,, when i would go to lauch it would like choke out just (loose) (HAHA) lose all of its power,, so i took it out and i dont have a problem with it any more
98 MTX Highline, 2.4 Swap With :Mopar PCM, 2.5' Exhaust, Granatelli Plug Wires, F1 Clutch, 3.0 CAI, Atx Tb, 2.0 Cams, UDP, 24# Mustang injectors, Chikara Header,Solid Motor Mount Inserts ,Booger Bushings, PS/AC/Balance Shaft Removed,
2240 lbs

Old 05-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Garage is empty, add now

ive looked all around for a manual transmition localy and can not find any in minnesota that i can trust anywhere!!!! could i find one online thats trust worthy ?
Also if u have a automatic transmition aand want to change to a manual; i heard you have to drill a hole in the fire wall for the hydrallic selinoid or somthing like that... please correct me if im wrong im trying to work on my neon and i want to learn how to make my sohc faster
Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Record Breaker
2003 Dodge Neon
My Garage

Vehicle: 2003 Srt-4
gurglingwhistle

If your car is 95-99 its a cable clutch setup. You don't need to drill anything, you just need the parts to swap it to a manual and bolt them up. Neon trannys are a dime a dozen around here, just need to look a little harder I think.

03 Neon Srt-4: 1025cc injectors on E85, 25psi spike on e85
Old 05-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Ride_Neon View Post
If your car is 95-99 its a cable clutch setup. You don't need to drill anything, you just need the parts to swap it to a manual and bolt them up. Neon trannys are a dime a dozen around here, just need to look a little harder I think.
well I have a 2001 dodge neon se should I be looking for transmissions from models within the same year ? And I don't fully understand why I'd have to drill through the fire wall could u explain that to me aswell ?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Record Breaker
2003 Dodge Neon
My Garage

Vehicle: 2003 Srt-4
gurglingwhistle

To be honest I am not 100% on the 2nd gen neons. You would need a trans from 00 and up for sure. You may have to drill a hole for the master cylinder that sits behind the clutch pedal. Here is a photo of what it looks like from the interior. http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...7-18124816.jpg

03 Neon Srt-4: 1025cc injectors on E85, 25psi spike on e85
Old 05-07-2013, 10:49 PM

Tags
atx, automatic, chart, dodge, drive, final, gear, neon, raio, ratio, ratios, rpm, tire, tranny, transmission